Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Phantom Reactor 900 - lights are on but not sounds at all
Dear all,

I`m just writing to report my recent experience watching my Phantom Reactor 900 die in front of me - and the following interactions with Devialet Customer Service.

I consider myself a careful user and don`t really put my unit under pressure. Unfortunately, last week, while I was listening to music, the sound stopped and never came back, no matter what I did. As someone already reported happening before, the light is still on (and its connected to my phone / Devialet app), but there is not sound at all: no clapping, no music, no indication whatsoever.

I have tried all the procedures to reset the unit I have found here, but nothing worked.

I then decided to contact Devialet, which was done quite easily through the website (from which it is possible to call the customer service center). 
The representative was very helpful and immediately mentioned the possibility of changing it to a completely new unit (which, I have to say, was exciting to hear but at the same time made me suspicious: how often this must happen for them to such a quick solution?).
Unfortunately, since my warranty expired 3 months ago, I would have to pay USD 590 to have the unit exchanged. 

Honestly, this makes me feel very frustrated about the Devialet general experience.

Yes, the sound is simply amazing, but I have always used my Phantom carefully, following all the guidance and in a very moderated way and now it simply died. To solve it (since there is not authorized repair service in the US), I will have to spend an amount of money that is enough to buy a good new sound system.

I also know that this event happened 3 months after the warranty expired, which is unfortunate, but it then truly begs the question of whether Devialet is really a reliable brand (and whether it is worth to keep being a customer)

It feels just wrong that a speaker that costs more than USD 1,600 simply stop working without any explanation.

Sorry to use this space to vent my frustration, but any comments or suggestions are accepted.

Thanks!
(23-Nov-2021, 18:04)lucasbbc Wrote: Dear all,

I`m just writing to report my recent experience watching my Phantom Reactor 900 die in front of me - and the following interactions with Devialet Customer Service.

I consider myself a careful user and don`t really put my unit under pressure. Unfortunately, last week, while I was listening to music, the sound stopped and never came back, no matter what I did. As someone already reported happening before, the light is still on (and its connected to my phone / Devialet app), but there is not sound at all: no clapping, no music, no indication whatsoever.

I have tried all the procedures to reset the unit I have found here, but nothing worked.

I then decided to contact Devialet, which was done quite easily through the website (from which it is possible to call the customer service center). 
The representative was very helpful and immediately mentioned the possibility of changing it to a completely new unit (which, I have to say, was exciting to hear but at the same time made me suspicious: how often this must happen for them to such a quick solution?).
Unfortunately, since my warranty expired 3 months ago, I would have to pay USD 590 to have the unit exchanged. 

Honestly, this makes me feel very frustrated about the Devialet general experience.

Yes, the sound is simply amazing, but I have always used my Phantom carefully, following all the guidance and in a very moderated way and now it simply died. To solve it (since there is not authorized repair service in the US), I will have to spend an amount of money that is enough to buy a good new sound system.

I also know that this event happened 3 months after the warranty expired, which is unfortunate, but it then truly begs the question of whether Devialet is really a reliable brand (and whether it is worth to keep being a customer)

It feels just wrong that a speaker that costs more than USD 1,600 simply stop working without any explanation.

Sorry to use this space to vent my frustration, but any comments or suggestions are accepted.

Thanks!
Try to find IP address of the Phantom and type it in any browser (Devialet Configuration) 
Or you can try rescue mode either, it maybe become normal again
(23-Nov-2021, 18:04)lucasbbc Wrote: Dear all,

Thanks!

That sounds tough Sad
I’m about to buy my first Phantom, so very keen to hear about these types of stories - how did it end?
Did you get the unit to work again or send it back for a paid exchange?
2x Phantom II 98db
Hey, I have the same problem with my phantom reactor 600. Have you found a solution to this problem?