Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Silver
My right Silver Phantom died last month. From the setup and Dialog, everything seemed OK, the connection to it was fine, but no sound or speaker movement came from it at all. 

When I say no sound at all, it is not entirely true. I have attached a recording of the strange sound it made during startup (.mp3 not allowed, so it is zipped)
.zip   Phantom - strange startup-sound.mp3.zip (Size: 203.18 KB / Downloads: 15)

The first click is the powerstrip being switched ON. Then (unfortunately a bit of background noise) and then the strange 'plunk' coming from the Phantom (a bit like when older Phantoms are switched OFF, but more intense), succeeded by an even stranger metallic sampling-noise.

I include the entire recording in order to measure the time from power on to the noise.

Fortunately it was still under the 2y guarantee (only barely, by 1 month), and there was no problem in exchanging it.
2 Silver Phantoms, 2 Reactor 600, 2 remotes, Dialog, Geckos, located in Denmark
I had the same problem (and also the right Phantom) two months after the guarantee period.
I had intensive contact (email and phone) with the Devialet servicedesk and after some testing they offered an exchange.
It was a very customer friendly contact (and solution) which is worth mentioning...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(17-Jan-2018, 09:30)jvi Wrote: I had the same problem (and also the right Phantom) two months after the guarantee period.
I had intensive contact (email and phone) with the Devialet servicedesk and after some testing they offered an exchange.
It was a very customer friendly contact (and solution) which is worth mentioning...

Hi, are you saying they swapped it out for free, 2months outside of your warranty period??
Yes, they did...

(17-Jan-2018, 14:57)jvi Wrote: Yes, they did...

my phantom silver died 8 months after purchase, the replacement died after 2 years. really dissapointed...
Doesn’t make a difference maybe but Phantom only launched at the beginning of 2016. Like last days of 2015. I forget this myself sometimes how new of a product Phantom actually is. Knowing this I understand if there’s a problem or two with units prior to mid-2017. I’ve been through 3 of them units and I still love Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
One of my Gold's went dead after 1 or 2 years. Brought it back to the store and they replaced it with a new one within 4 days .. almost no questions asked !!!
They don't repair them , they just replace them... which is awesome.
(19-Feb-2018, 10:32)Olivier4444 Wrote: One of my Gold's went dead after 1 or 2 years. Brought it back to the store and they replaced it with a new one within 4 days .. almost no questions asked !!!
They don't repair them , they just replace them... which is awesome.

Yes! Exactly right!
I’ve had mine replaced once and it takes away the hassle of having it fail because you’ve got a brand new one in the end. I shipped mine to Devialet for free and they shipped a new one back before they even received my old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)