Poll: What is your dealer saying about Phantom?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It is a lifestyle product that is not intended to challenge traditional hifi
23.81%
5 23.81%
It is an assault on the traditional hifi space with exceptional performance regardless of size
47.62%
10 47.62%
Somewhere in-between the above
28.57%
6 28.57%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealer Messaging
Hi,  I am curious to take an informal poll to learn how dealers are positioning Phantom relative to traditional hifi products. 

I took my first listen over the weekend and the dealer made it very clear that Phantom is a lifestyle product that can easily be outperformed in absolute terms when similar dollars are spent on traditional hifi. After listening to a pair of Silvers in a very bad acoustic environment (glass everywhere) he brought me into a dedicated acoustically treated room and played a $3k pair of tower speakers being driven by an integrated to prove this point. 

I was not convinced either way. But I see other dealers that are pitching phantom as a replacement for traditional hifi- and there are users here who also seem to agree. 

So just out of curiosity- for those who have spoken to dealers about Phantom, are they pitching absolute performance or simply exceptional performance within the confines of a compact user friendly design?
Phantom's bass at low volume is incredible and pleasant.
I tested two silver Phantoms in my living room.
I play electronic music and I have a little recording studio with two Focal BE6 + SM6 sub and I use as dac the Uad Apollo 8.
I can say that my studio setup at loud volume is better on low and high frequencies because the powerful sub and the beryllium tweeters.
With about 5.000€ you buy two BE6s + two speaker stands + one SM6 + one Apollo Twin Solo + one Mac Mini...

regards
(21-Sep-2015, 16:32)Les Anderson Wrote: ... 
So just out of curiosity- for those who have spoken to dealers about Phantom, are they pitching absolute performance or simply exceptional performance within the confines of a compact user friendly design?

Do not take the opinion of a dealer too serious.
I don't want to talk bad about dealers, but at the end they want to give you the best gut feeling so that you buy something.
A good dealer recognizes what you prefer and will strengthen this.

Cheers,

Krisp
Totally agree to your comments on Beryllium, funilly I was just mentionning it here a few minutes ago Smile http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...1#pid25391
Would be so cool to have the Focal Be inverted dome tweeter inside Phantom !

[quote='gabrielefx' pid='25389' dateline='1442853364']
Phantom's bass at low volume is incredible and pleasant.
I tested two silver Phantoms in my living room.
I play electronic music and I have a little recording studio with two Focal BE6 + SM6 sub and I use as dac the Uad Apollo 8.
I can say that my studio setup at loud volume is better on low and high frequencies because the powerful sub and the beryllium tweeters.
With about 5.000€ you buy two BE6s + two speaker stands + one SM6 + one Apollo Twin Solo + one Mac Mini...

regards
[/quot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk