Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent basic CD transport?
Can I add the Musical Fidelity X-Ray. Very solid build quality, great sound, and in my opinion one of the best looking "half width" CD players in its class.
If for the wife? just buy sonos connect and pay a monthly Deezer, Qubuz, Spotify account. Works perfect with I-phone etc. If want transport I would look at cyrus.
The Project CD Box works well as a transport with the Devialet.
It's quiet, responsive and has a very legible display.
It's also very good value for money.
I'm Martin

Devialet D400 Expert, Focal Diablo Utopia III Colour, Bluesound Vault 2i, Meridian CDT, Technics 1210 M5G + Oyaide Platter and Stabiliser, Audionote Tonearm, Blue Angel Mantis MC
Check out ebay for ARCAM FMJ-DV139.
If you find one in good shape, you cannot get better than that.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
Does anyone have any suggestions for a CD transport that has an AES/EBU digital output? I have a CD player in my current system that used to get very occasional use. However, now I am using dual mono with the AES/EBU link to the companion and I am using every coax input into the master Devialet, so no longer have the SPDIF digital input free that the CD player used to utilise. (the link SPDIF has taken the CD players old input) However, the AES/EBU input to the master remains available, hence my request. As the CD would only be for very occasional use, I do not want to spend a fortune this. Also, I would be more than happy to consider a second hand option. Any ideas?
(16-Jan-2015, 00:25)Confused Wrote: Does anyone have any suggestions for a CD transport that has an AES/EBU digital output?  I have a CD player in my current system that used to get very occasional use.  However, now I am using dual mono with the AES/EBU link to the companion and I am using every coax input into the master Devialet, so no longer have the SPDIF digital input free that the CD player used to utilise.  (the link SPDIF has taken the CD players old input) However, the AES/EBU input to the master remains available, hence my request.  As the CD would only be for very occasional use, I do not want to spend a fortune this.  Also, I would be more than happy to consider a second hand option.  Any ideas?

A while ago I auditioned a Krell/Dynaudio combo with Bel Canto DAC and CD Transport CD3t and it was very very good.

the Bel Canto CD3t has an AES/EBU digital out and based on what i heard in that audition it is worth the try. Shoe box size might be handy as well. though i do not like the green led display
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Thanks amabrok - an interesting suggestion for me and to be completely honest, Bel Canto is a manufacturer I have never really heard of. I shall research further. Plus, I believe that it is scientifically proven that green LED's sound much better than red ones. (Totally subjective point of course, but I actually like green LED's, but I have no idea why)

One point to note is that I am not really bothered about the size of the unit, the "shoe box" Bel Canto looks nice enough, but I would be happy to consider full size kit.
(16-Jan-2015, 00:25)Confused Wrote: Does anyone have any suggestions for a CD transport that has an AES/EBU digital output?  I have a CD player in my current system that used to get very occasional use.  However, now I am using dual mono with the AES/EBU link to the companion and I am using every coax input into the master Devialet, so no longer have the SPDIF digital input free that the CD player used to utilise.  (the link SPDIF has taken the CD players old input) However, the AES/EBU input to the master remains available, hence my request.  As the CD would only be for very occasional use, I do not want to spend a fortune this.  Also, I would be more than happy to consider a second hand option.  Any ideas?

2nd hand Mark Levinson 390S ?

unfortunately I sold mine last year.
(16-Jan-2015, 22:13)krass Wrote: 2nd hand Mark Levinson 390S ?

unfortunately I sold mine last year.

Good suggestion! - me too, but not without shedding a tear or two.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Not really cheap, but built like a brick !"££$%%%! and fantastic sound (but I would say that as I use one)... Chord Blu
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England