Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deezer Jumps on the CD-Quality Streaming Bandwagon
Deezer announced Deezer Elite, a CD-Quality streaming service to compete with the likes of Tidal and Qobuz. The service seems to be exclusive for Sonos only as of now. Service is available in 150 country and Deezer Premium+ subscribers can upgrade to Deezer Elite for the same 9.99 monthly rate granted they commit to a one year subscription. This makes Deezer Elite priced at half the subscription rates of Tidal or Qobuz.

No idea about when they will make it available for other streamers.

Happy streaming Sonos owners and if any takers, please let us know what do you think of the service Smile
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
[Image: sonosdeezerelite.jpg?itok=hO6VzMF2]

They claim hi-res where in fact it is only 44.1 KHz / 16 bit Smile
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Still haven't had my invite from Deezer as yet :-(
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
I signed up a week ago. Sounds as good as from my Nas on the sonos, I think a bit behind air though.

Hopefully when Dialog is working I'll be able to get it with the same quality as Air.

Cheers

Chris
I'm waiting for their invite, too.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Does anyone have an idea of when this service will be available without Sonos ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Even with Sonos, I still can't subscribe to it yet.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

There is no clarity on timeline. Deezer is vague about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubai, UAE
I contacted Deezer about the 19th March timeline. On 23rd I got an email back which linked me to being able to upgrade my Premium+ to Elite. However, it costs about £119 for a year and it replaces the current Premium+, not extends it or not running in parallel. I have not done it (yet) but I would imagine you start with a fresh 12 months, regardless of how far your into your current subscription. No exclusivity to Sonos, just a straightforward upgrade at a discount, apparently the usual cost for Elite is nearly £240 per annum.

I not sure whether I am pleased or not with the offer, since I have had my Premium+ account for only a couple of months, add the cost of that to the discounted Elite and it's not far short of the full price for Elite? I am kind of veering towards Qobuz now for the next year, I like how you can buy their music as well, and the soon to be released Sublime service looks interesting if you are into purchasing hi-res downloads (at MP3 prices).
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(24-Mar-2015, 07:49)AllenB Wrote: I contacted Deezer about the 19th March timeline. On 23rd I got an email back which linked me to being able to upgrade my Premium+ to Elite. However, it costs about £119 for a year and it replaces the current Premium+, not extends it or not running in parallel. I have not done it (yet) but I would imagine you start with a fresh 12 months, regardless of how far your into your current subscription. No exclusivity to Sonos, just a straightforward upgrade at a discount, apparently the usual cost for Elite is nearly £240 per annum.

I not sure whether I am pleased or not with the offer, since I have had my Premium+ account for only a couple of months, add the cost of that to the discounted Elite and it's not far short of the full price for Elite? I am kind of veering towards Qobuz now for the next year, I like how you can buy their music as well, and the soon to be released Sublime service looks interesting if you are into purchasing hi-res downloads (at MP3 prices).

Thanks for the update.

What is Sublime service? Appreciate if you can share more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubai, UAE