Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Describe the Devialet Sound
(03-Aug-2015, 16:13)teddlesdee Wrote: Sounds like the best bet is to tell us approx where you live (sorry if I have missed that bit), then post something on this forum asking if anyone near-ish has a dev 400 for you to go listen to. I am sure us Dev guys would be more than happy to accommodate! All you need to do is leave the Magnum and your samurai swords at the door for collection on your way out!   Big Grin

teddlesdee

You did not miss that bit, as I have not posted my location, for some reason it slipped my mind.

I'm in Ottawa, Canada. So anybody in Ottawa got a 400 I could listen to Rolleyes

Chow Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

It approaches the ideal 'Straight Wire With Gain' especially the monoblocks. If there is a weakness elsewhere, the D400s don't give it a place to hide. Dropping a D400 into your tube-heavy system will be a revelation, whether good or bad.
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Before getting my new speakers (I'll post pics soon) i beleived the D400's to be the weak point in my system, but now they are beginning to surprise me. The dynamics and ambience I was prevously accustomed too have returned, pointing the finger directly at the ML montis

I'll upgrade to the Esoteric GU-01 clock before considering changing the amps now.

Shame SAM is only working on one channel at present, but hoping to have a resolution either on here or from Devialet directly
(04-Aug-2015, 11:27)MusicFirst Wrote: It approaches the ideal 'Straight Wire With Gain' especially the monoblocks.  If there is a weakness elsewhere, the D400s don't give it a place to hide.  Dropping a D400 into your tube-heavy system will be a revelation, whether good or bad.

+1 here;
Garbage in - Garbage out
Good in - Good out
Great in - OOH YEAH!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.