Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev transmitting data?
This is not meant o be alarmist or anything. Just extremely puzzled!

My Broadband service is not what you could say as fast. The opposite in fact as we live in a village. The best we get is about 1.5mbs if we are lucky when downloading, with less that half of that the other way. So I am used to snailmail, and less than desirable download times, but usable all the same.

Recently I have noticed a drop in performance below even our standards, but have not had the time till now to investigate.
I thought my ISP was throttling us, but apparently not so, as we were getting 0.02mbs download this morning, I kid you not!
The techie did say that something was downloading or using a fair amount of bandwith, so I investigated making sure none of my machines were updating sware or something like that. Then I took a peek at the router stats and found one connected device hogging the network way above anything else, and it wasn't my PC or laptop, cos I switch each off in turn to see what happened....

A real mystery! ...until noticed the Dev in standby mode (since the night before - display dimmed), so switched that off as well... The activity just disappeared with normal Internet performance resuming... and the problem restarted when I booted the Dev up again..... Wha??????

What is thing doing?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
The Devialet will be transmitting broadcast packets on your local subnet five times per second (IIRC), which is how the iPhone/iPad apps know it's present and can switch it on remotely. I think someone (ledesc?) recently noticed that this didn't happen if DPM was enabled with the 8.0 firmware.

Having said that, none of that traffic should be going over the network between your router and ISP in any case, so it shouldn't have any bearing on the bandwidth available from your ISP.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I agree. Even if you disconnect your ISP cable into ur router and kept your local network alive Devialet will continue to work properly and communicate with your iDevice. Which should be a proof that Devialet does not need internet traffic, just traffic on your local network and that by all means should not consume your monthly quota with your ISP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE