Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developing for Devialet
Has anyone any details on the API / protocols which Devialet use for control and streaming?

I'm interested in developing a couple of apps but all I can find is RS232 specs.

Obviously not UPnP and doesn't appear to be running a standard discovery protocol. I guess I could fire up WireShark but official documentation would be more preferable.

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(24-Aug-2014, 10:52)rik Wrote: Has anyone any details on the API / protocols which Devialet use for control and streaming?

I'm interested in developing a couple of apps but all I can find is RS232 specs.

Obviously not UPnP and doesn't appear to be running a standard discovery protocol. I guess I could fire up WireShark but official documentation would be more preferable.

Rik

Rik,
Devialet is not releasing Spec´s on the Air protocol nor on the TCP/IP based remote app protocoll.
I started a bit of reverse engeneering but with limited success. I really would love to develop an linux air driver.
(I do have some sound
driver engeneering know how)

br
mka
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(24-Aug-2014, 10:52)rik Wrote: Has anyone any details on the API / protocols which Devialet use for control and streaming?

Rik

You could take a look at Global Cache. They offer an IP/serial connection solution. It's a lousy work arround but it's all there is I'm afraid.
As my Mac Mini is next to my Devialet a simple USB/RS232 converter would handle that.

I was more thinking along the lines of:

* Windows Phone control point
* HTML5 control point
* Multi Room Sync
* Integration into third party solutions

That sort of thing,

Cheers,

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK

Rik

As Mka says Devialet is probably not going to release details on the AIR protocol. They have written code for Android and iOS, maybe you could find something there. Otherwise WireShark is your best bet..
I'd love to see a Linux AIR driver!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
No luck with AIR yet, but I'm getting somewhere with the (read-only) basic remote control facilities. Will update when I've got something a little tidier.

WireShark is OK for UDP but ended up writing my own stuff (Python is your friend)

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
I've been trying to understand the AIR protocol using a network packet analyser, and have made some (small) progress with it. There are a couple more things I'd like to discover, after which I'll post my initial findings.

If anyone is interested in working on this together, please let me know.

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(30-Aug-2014, 08:49)thumb5 Wrote: I've been trying to understand the AIR protocol using a network packet analyser, and have made some (small) progress with it. There are a couple more things I'd like to discover, after which I'll post my initial findings.

If anyone is interested in working on this together, please let me know.

Ian

Hi Ian,
Let's join forces on this one. I am interested in developing a portable Linux air driver.

Should we open a GitHub project, both on the remote and the air protocol?

Br
Markus
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(30-Aug-2014, 09:15)Mka Wrote: Should we open a GitHub project, both on the remote and the air protocol?

Hello Markus - yes, good idea, please do. I'll probably also create a new thread here to focus on details of the AIR streaming protocol.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
That makes sense. I looks like streaming (AIR) and control and pretty much isolated If we can get the details of both documented then we should be in a position to move forward.

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK