Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 1000 PRO review
Todays "Enjoy The Music" site contains a preview of the July issue of "HiFi+". The cover lists a Devialet Expert Pro review and further down in a content listing it mentions Devialet Expert 1000. My July issue has not yet landed on my edoormat, but it could be worth a look when it does eventually arrive.

The Sofa Has Ears
The latest issue of hi-fi+ has a review of the 1000 PRO, as previously pointed out by a new member on here, The Sofa Has Ears.

Interestingly Alan Sircom who reviews the unit, points out that up and coming features include "Roon, UPnP/DLNA streaming and the potential for Expert and Phantom to work together as one."

He mentions that Devialet AIR is an ambitious project that is probably more trouble than it's worth, but he says this in the context of wireless connectivity which he claims is Devialet's ongoing stumbling block. It doesn't seems as though he was told about the new wireless capabilities of the new new Core module/streamer board/Devialet OS.

Other points raised:

- He prefers SAM switched off with his Wilson Duette II (no big surprise I'm the same with my Sasha 2s)
- he confesses to a mixed relationship with the phono stage although he rates it consistently somewhere between very good and excellent.
- says the 1000 PRO remains one of the most sonically transparent sounds around , except for a mild etched presentation around the upper mids.

Overall he says the 1000 PRO is a real star, and is very strongly recommended.

Anyway just a teaser!  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
See post #3 for the full review:

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index....pic=254924
Unlike much of the over the top syruppy stuff you read in other mags, that seems a very genuine, measured and balanced review. Overall a big thumbs up for the 1000 Pro.
(06-Jul-2017, 12:27)wikeeboy Wrote: Unlike much of the over the top syruppy stuff you read in other mags, that seems a very genuine, measured and balanced review. Overall a big thumbs up for the 1000 Pro.

Yes that's what I thought too.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Nice review. Yeah, interesting he talks about adding Roon like it's just a normal ongoing thing. We can but hope - it certainly makes sense.

It makes me want to get another box and upgrade it to try the 1000 and see what difference it makes from the 250. But affordability aside (I can't afford it), I'd have to stick it on the floor or under the sofa or something, and that just seems so wrong.... still, it would mean I could get one with a bashed up case maybe! Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(06-Jul-2017, 12:48)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Nice review. Yeah, interesting he talks about adding Roon like it's just a normal ongoing thing. We can but hope - it certainly makes sense.

It makes me want to get another box and upgrade it to try the 1000 and see what difference it makes from the 250. But affordability aside (I can't afford it), I'd have to stick it on the floor or under the sofa or something, and that just seems so wrong.... still, it would mean I could get one with a bashed up case maybe! Wink

Nah, just get a stand and lean it against the wall!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
Creative positioning of D flohmann.  Smile  That could become an interesting new thread.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
(19-Sep-2017, 20:53)Jonas Wrote: Creative positioning of D flohmann.  Smile  That could become an interesting new thread.

Yes, sorry for off topic post. I actually started that new thread over here a few weeks ago. :-)
Save
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
(19-Sep-2017, 21:20)flohmann Wrote:
(19-Sep-2017, 20:53)Jonas Wrote: Creative positioning of D flohmann.  Smile  That could become an interesting new thread.

Yes, sorry for off topic post. I actually started that new thread over here a few weeks ago. :-)
Save

Never mind, it might be a solution for other D owners. Really chic design. I thought of other possible ways to place D.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède