Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 170 companion
It looks like my event acquisition of a second expert 200 has hit a snag, so I may be back to square one.

I did find a listing for a Devialet 170 companion.

Is the “170 companion” compatible with the expert 200? I thought all 170’s were updated to 200’s via a firmware update, so I’m kind of surprised to find this listing for a 170 companion, and that a firmware update was never done to make it the 200/400

So before I went after this companion, I wanted to make sure I could in fact update the unit to make my system the dual mono 400.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that the update from 170 to 200 was achieved by a firmware update which could be done by the end user (that is, Devialet were not involved other than insofar as they made the firmware public). In that case, perhaps the owner of this 170 never bothered to update it. It should still be possible for you to update it yourself if you have a copy of the same version of firmware as on your current 200.

From my records it looks as though the firmware which originally updated the 170 to 200 W output was v7.1.x which arrived in mid-2014. Please check, though, before assuming that's correct.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Seems all I can find on the Devialet site now is 10.x.x

So I would hope going to that firmware would make it a 200? May need to send an email to Devialet support to be sure if I decide to proceed with this 170 option.
I have a feeling that 10.1 is the last firmware that will run on a non-Pro/CI Expert., but it's important to match the firmware between the two units so I'd start by checking what you have on your current 200. It would be worth checking with Devialet to make sure you can update in one stop from whatever is on the 170 to the version you choose.  There is a firmware archive on this site (DC) which goes back to v6.0.x so hopefully you'll find the right version there.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I have every firmware version since I had my 170, so send me a pm if you need help. You definitely can buy the 170.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks Pim. The guy who’s selling it has not responded, so who knows how it will end, but good to know I could make this one work if it end up with it.