Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 --> 250 Pro
(30-Apr-2019, 14:44)ogs Wrote: @Confused  No I am not sure about it.
As I never play without convolution or PEQ I have not heard (or checked for) any difference here. My observation is more based on what  Maxime from Devialet said during the SAM-Lab session when I got my speakers measured, and the fact that some have complained that SAM now sounds different than before. Maybe that was on the transition to SAM V2?

Yes, that would most likely be it.  There was a significant difference between the original SAM and SAM V2, and indeed there were a few issues with the conversion of some original SAM profiles to V2.  That was back in 2015 (from FW 8.0), ah the good old days..... Shy

Getting back to the OP's original question, I recall trying what was then a D170 with the Blades, the bass lost all definition and punch in direct comparison with what was then a D240 Expert.  For me, the Pro is better still, but bass wise very similar comparing my last D800 and the 1000Pro.  So I am a little puzzled by @J3C 's observations, specifically, I would expect a 250Pro to be better with respect to the very lowest bass.  I am not questioning @J3C 's observations, I just suspect that something else is not quite right, speakers connected out of phase, a problem with the amp, configuration settings, who knows.  From what I have experienced, this result is not consistent with the switch to a 250Pro.  For accurate low to sub bass, the 250 Expert and Pro are as good as anything I have ever listened to.  It is a puzzle.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12