Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to D220 pro
Don't get it - some people say that the 220 doesn't do Tidal without a Roon Core, and Graziano then said that he will just use Tidal. I'm thinking of getting a 220, and we have Tidal in our family. So is Tidal installed on the Devialet and does it fully unwrap MQA?
The expert (no core infinity) and expert pro (core infinity) serie can't do tidal connect (directly streaming from tidal to the expert) hopefully that's an evolution they will put in their roadmap.
That's why you need Roon. Roon has possibilites for lossless streaming. Roon can also be used to stream lossless local source if you have.
People that are able to stream are most likely using another intermediary like running tidal on PC and using devialet air drivers on windows or mac. Those can be downloaded on the site.

I'm a recent owner too so i might be wrong 😇
Devialet Expert 250 Pro | Waterfall Niagara Platinum (stereo setup and Home Theater front)
Marantz sr7011 (Home Theater) : Klipsch rp440 (center), Waterfall Elora Evo (rear)
Subwoofer (stereo and home theater) : BK XXLS400
(10-Dec-2021, 08:15)Wills1831 Wrote: The expert (no core infinity) and expert pro (core infinity) serie can't do tidal connect (directly streaming from tidal to the expert) hopefully that's an evolution they will put in their roadmap.
That's why you need Roon. Roon has possibilites for lossless streaming. Roon can also be used to stream lossless local source if you have.
People that are able to stream are most likely using another intermediary like running tidal on PC and using devialet air drivers on windows or mac. Those can be downloaded on the site.

I simply stream Tidal from my iPhone to the Expert Pro via Airplay. Very happy with it. I understand there are other options like via a Roon server but that's too much hassle for me.
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
>>>spater

I fully agree with you, thats the way I use it too. Tidal via airplay from my Ipad, simple to use and sounds great all the way!
Devialet 220 Pro CI, Focal Electra 1028be2, Nordost Blue Heaven 2 (LS) speaker cable, Soundcare Superspikes, Tidal
At the moment, there are two "proper" ways to stream Tidal and Qobuz - Roon and UPnP (e.g. via BubbleUPnP or mConnect).

Devialet doesn't support MQA.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(10-Dec-2021, 10:31)spater Wrote:
(10-Dec-2021, 08:15)Wills1831 Wrote: The expert (no core infinity) and expert pro (core infinity) serie can't do tidal connect (directly streaming from tidal to the expert) hopefully that's an evolution they will put in their roadmap.

I simply stream Tidal from my iPhone to the Expert Pro via Airplay. Very happy with it. I understand there are other options like via a Roon server but that's too much hassle for me.
I don't think Airplay supports the highest resolutions available through Tidal or Qobuz. I had the same reluctance as you about setting up a Room server and opted for MConnect (something like 5 USD on the App Store) to stream to my 220 Pro through the UPNP channel - set up was straightforward, the app retrieved my Qobuz credentials and now seamlessly gives me access to the Qobuz catalog (although I don't find the MConnect app UI as good as the native Qobuz app)
Devialet Expert 220 Pro (upgraded from 120) + Atohm GT1 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) - now back in Paris, France
I've got no experience via airplay as i'm an android guy and not the iphone type 😇
Can't seem to find limitations when streaming via airplay.

What concerns mqa support. Not sure what to say, everything looks like it's supported but i can be wrong.
Devialet Expert 250 Pro | Waterfall Niagara Platinum (stereo setup and Home Theater front)
Marantz sr7011 (Home Theater) : Klipsch rp440 (center), Waterfall Elora Evo (rear)
Subwoofer (stereo and home theater) : BK XXLS400
(11-Dec-2021, 10:10)ArnoNYC Wrote:
(10-Dec-2021, 10:31)spater Wrote:

I don't think Airplay supports the highest resolutions available through Tidal or Qobuz. I had the same reluctance as you about setting up a Room server and opted for MConnect (something like 5 USD on the App Store) to stream to my 220 Pro through the UPNP channel - set up was straightforward, the app retrieved my Qobuz credentials and now seamlessly gives me access to the Qobuz catalog (although I don't find the MConnect app UI as good as the native Qobuz app)
I tried the MConnect app last year, and your reminder made me try it again last night. I'm able to access my Tidal subscription through it. It does give a slightly different sound (e.g. more bass) but I can't live with the clunky app UI. I would definitely encourage other users to experiment with it though, and thanks for the reminder.
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
(16-Dec-2021, 08:19)Wills1831 Wrote: I've got no experience via airplay as i'm an android guy and not the iphone type 😇

What concerns mqa support. Not sure what to say, everything looks like it's supported but i can be wrong.

Not an expert in streaming but I came across various posts and articles on Airplay's limitations before deciding on upgrading my Expert... as an example, the Qobuz FAQ section indicates that "The Airplay function on iOS only allows Qobuz to be used in CD quality due to Airplay’s restriction to 16-bit digital audio files at 48 kHz."
Devialet Expert 220 Pro (upgraded from 120) + Atohm GT1 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) - now back in Paris, France
(17-Dec-2021, 19:44)ArnoNYC Wrote:
(16-Dec-2021, 08:19)Wills1831 Wrote: I've got no experience via airplay as i'm an android guy and not the iphone type 😇

Not an expert in streaming but I came across various posts and articles on Airplay's limitations before deciding on upgrading my Expert... as an example, the Qobuz FAQ section indicates that "The Airplay function on iOS only allows Qobuz to be used in CD quality due to Airplay’s restriction to 16-bit digital audio files at 48 kHz."

Qobuz lie about what ‘hi res’ actually is so whatever they say in their FAQ should be discarded as BS.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.