Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 Loudspeaker Noise
For the last four weeks, I have been in contact with the sales support, because all of a sudden I had noise in my loudspeaker (right speaker only).
First it took a long time for them to get back to me (busy with Munich), then I downgraded to 7.1.3, same result.

I simply suspect this to be a hardware issue. Sales support is definitely no longer what it used to be.

I needed to buy a NAD D3020 to be able to listen to music!
What kind of noise do you have? If it's a very disturbing noise like someone shuffling cards quickly in front of a mike, or something like this, we are many to have the same problem! Devialet keep saying they are looking at the issues but nothing happens! The new version of their firmware does not changes anything. My only reason to be cool about it is that I just have to change the source (from Ethernet to Airplay and back) to have some hours or now some days of tranquility!!!
iMac 27", Airport extreme to Airport express, Devialet 120, VanDamme Blue 4mm cable, Martin Logan Sl II
(02-Jun-2015, 15:25)DE GREEF Wrote: What kind of noise do you have? If it's a very disturbing noise like someone shuffling cards quickly in front of a mike, or something like this, we are many to have the same problem! Devialet keep saying they are looking at the issues but nothing happens! The new version of their firmware does not changes anything. My only reason to be cool about it is that I just have to change the source (from Ethernet to Airplay and back) to have some hours or now some days of tranquility!!!
 Thank you for your reply!
For me, it started with something like a deep "whroom", recently it changed to hissing sound.

I am not as cool as you are; I think we paid enough to get some attention. The NAD I bought is 10% of the price and works just fine.
Hey all.

I found this old thread about noise in the right channel. I have this sound in my right speaker every 5 - 10 seconds. Upgraded to the newest software and before it wasn't there..

Did you find out what it was?
(02-Jun-2015, 15:25)DE GREEF Wrote: What kind of noise do you have? If it's a very disturbing noise like someone shuffling cards quickly in front of a mike, or something like this, we are many to have the same problem! Devialet keep saying they are looking at the issues but nothing happens! The new version of their firmware does not changes anything. My only reason to be cool about it is that I just have to change the source (from Ethernet to Airplay and back) to have some hours or now some days of tranquility!!!

In the configurator, open Phono settings and under the advanced panel, change Auto Wifi Standby to on.  This will stop the shuffling sound that you describe.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England