Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 and Bose 901 VI
(09-Feb-2015, 16:11)linmar Wrote: no luck Sad

"I see, I understand now that you would like to avoid using the bose equaliser, by having a custom configuration.

However we are not at the moment able to provide custom configurations anymore."

Ah! That is really disappointing! I apologise for making you believe that it was a possibility. I did not know that Devialet had stopped helping people in this way. Maybe  I ought to have known. With many unfixed issues in software and configurator for a long time it is not unexpected that they have stopped doing custom configs..., but very disappointing for us all.

The only other way I can think of is creating the Bose EQ curve in Jriver's very flexible DSP engine. But you'd be just as tied up with this solution as you would need all music playback to go through Jriver - which means file based playback.

So over to the list of SAM ready speakers. Personally I am considering the Atohm GT1 as I think this model will work well in my room. I have tried the KEF LS50. Very good speakers, but I could not get them to sound good enough. You'll need to do your own choice here. I guess it depends on which models you have a chance to listen to where you live.
Hopefully other members of this forum can chime in here and give you tips
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Yes, that's bad indeed. I'm probably going to sell the 901s and switch to Martin Logan ELSs instead.
you could buy a unit from MiniDSP and do the eq there in the digital domain.
200 is a great starting point for a system tho , all you need are speakers.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room