Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months
Well before you blow two and a half grand on an aurender if functionality and use with I pad etc is really all you what, a sonos connect with a quality digital interconnect is the most stable and most supported operating mesh system. Cheap too!
IMHO it is all about the sound (and of course the funding). Don't buy the Aurender just for the interface but for whether it has the best sound (to you) for the money you are prepared to spend.

I think the gorilla in the room is rapidly becoming Roon and how manufacturers accommodate it.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Thank you for all the replies and suggestions. My gut feeling is I will wait to see if Dialog gives me the same SQ as AIR..........If I have the patience.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(10-Jul-2015, 15:36)rwjr44 Wrote: IMHO it is all about the sound (and of course the funding). Don't buy the Aurender just for the interface but for whether it has the best sound (to you) for the money you are prepared to spend.

I think the gorilla in the room is rapidly becoming Roon and how manufacturers accommodate it.

It's all about the sound?  Absolutely.  For me though, the interface and usability is also VERY important.  There is no point having a system that sounds superb but annoys the hell out of you every time you use it.

Having started your comment stating that "its all about the sound", you then slip in the Roon comment, so I guess we are more or less thinking the same thing?
I believe Roon is a killer app and with future hardware endpoints support, and a small investment versus other solution, it can't be wrong.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(10-Jul-2015, 21:29)Confused Wrote:
(10-Jul-2015, 15:36)rwjr44 Wrote: IMHO it is all about the sound (and of course the funding). Don't buy the Aurender just for the interface but for whether it has the best sound (to you) for the money you are prepared to spend.

It's all about the sound?  Absolutely.  For me though, the interface and usability is also VERY important.  There is no point having a system that sounds superb but annoys the hell out of you every time you use it.

Having started your comment stating that "its all about the sound", you then slip in the Roon comment, so I guess we are more or less thinking the same thing?

Yes we are. The combination of great sound and a killer app made the Aurender a no brainier for me. Nowadays, Roon seems to be the best GUI around and when integrated (I hope) with hardware as an app may allow folks like us wider selections.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Other than the buggy, non functioning AIR software, what seems to be a lack of support for the expert line, a primative iOS app and no UPnP implementation anytime soon, I am now feeling a little regret about buying into the Devialet ecosystem.

After owning the D120 for the last five months, it is very obvious that this one box solution sounds really, really good and clearly outperforms my previous "all-in-one" Naim Superuniti in many ways, except one.

I am very aware that this is a very resolving DAC/integrated amp and has proved to offer a level of detail that was previously unheard of with my old kit. Music flows through it but I am not feeling like I want to listen to everything in my library but rather just play the records that bring out the best sound.

I feel some remorse for perhaps not pursing other alternatives but given the price point of the D120, it is very difficult to find a similar sounding amp/dac for the same money.

Unfortunately, this adventure did not come cheap as I was forced to get a stand alone streamer because of the non functional AIR software and then went down the rabbit hole to invest more money into new speaker cables, interconnects and power cords.

I tried and have succeeded to improve my connection with the music in every way possible with the addition of better cables and power but I am still feeling a lack of connection and involvement on an emotional level. It is as if it is lacking some of the excitement and enjoyment that I experienced with Naim gear.

Maybe this Devialet thing is just not for me.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
Well, not sure if I am an exceptional case but I am using Air all time beside when I am streaming Qobuz via Airplay and indeed there is no white noise at all. My experience is that it works best whithout any additional software beside iTunes or Qobuz App. The less components between your source of music an your Devialet the better (at least for me).
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(08-Aug-2015, 00:26)blair.athol Wrote: Well, not sure if I am an exceptional case but I am using Air all time beside when I am streaming Qobuz via Airplay and indeed there is no white noise at all. My experience is that it works best whithout any additional software beside iTunes or Qobuz App. The less components between your source of music an your Devialet the better (at least for me).

My experience too.

Air works fine for me.

I have never had any intention to use a UPnP system, iTunes and Qobuz work well via Air.

My CD transport works brilliantly into the AES input, my Meridian Control 15 plays into an SPDIF entry (though I don't use it much).

My tuner sounds superb into an analogue input.

I enjoy my LPs into the quietest phono stage I have ever used.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

There are 3 people I know in my audio relations that have Devialet ( 2 x 120 and 1 x 200 ) plus me with a d200. That makes 4 of us and neither of us are using AIR because it simply doesnt work. One of these friends is a tech saavy, he knows his stuff and tried everything he could without success. You guys that are able to get it to work are lucky. Enjoy!

As for Aurender, I agree with Confused. A nice sounding system is nothing if you cant get it to work. My choice of Aurender was based on the sound but also the convenience (HDD because I had a fairly large cd collection, streamer and good and stable app.) To be honest, now that I invested the money, I couldnt care less for AIR. I find it weird though that Devialet doesnt do nothing about it. There IS a problem, period.
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal