Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 vs Linn Selekt
Did anyone get a direct comparison between a Devialet and the new Linn Select? Curious about the experiences. Thinking about getting myself an comperison soon.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(29-Apr-2019, 06:31)KraaijCheck Wrote: Did anyone get a direct comparison between a Devialet and the new Linn Select? Curious about the experiences. Thinking about getting myself an comperison soon.

I demoed the Expert Pro 220 vs. Selekt DSM with integrated power amp & Katalyst

Personally found the Linn sound flat and underwhelming. Rather like all Linn kit I have tested in the past. Much preferred the Expert Pro sound and ended up buying it

I also felt the dealers were over-selling the Linn's sound capabilities and future upgrade abilities which put me off; left me feeling Linn must be offering higher commissions than Devialet
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
(29-Apr-2019, 15:45)spater Wrote:
(29-Apr-2019, 06:31)KraaijCheck Wrote: Did anyone get a direct comparison between a Devialet and the new Linn Select? Curious about the experiences. Thinking about getting myself an comperison soon.

Personally found the Linn sound flat and underwhelming. Rather like all Linn kit I have tested in the past. Much preferred the Expert Pro sound and ended up buying it

I also felt the dealers were over-selling the Linn's sound capabilities and future upgrade abilities which put me off; left me feeling Linn must be offering higher commissions than Devialet
A pretty poor dealer if he was motivated by higher commission!
(29-Apr-2019, 15:45)spater Wrote:

Thanks for the info! My dealer allready told me he thinks the Devialet is a better amp than the Linn. Think it is similar to your experience.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
The top of the line Linn Selekt is a cheaper amplifier than a 250. I heard all three variants of the Selekt at the Bristol HiFi show which was played through 804 D3 B&W speakers. I was very impressed with the product, its presentation and Linn’s emergence from the shadows. Of course it was far from being a direct comparison between my own Devialet gear and Linn’s own product, but it did pique my interest.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.