Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 250 Turning Itself Off
I have a Devialet 250 upgraded in 2014 from a D-Premier originally purchased 2012. My 250 is not a Pro version. The software 10.0.2 is the latest that the 250 can take without the hardware being upgraded to a Pro version.

In the last few weeks the 250 has been switching itself into standby mode spontaneously. At first it was only ocassionally but in the last week it has been been occuring even after only 5 minutes of use. The switching to standby mode is not input dependent. Removing the SD card and running on Factory Settings has made no difference.

The temperatures according to the display have not been excessive – about 39 to 43ºC. There has been no fault listed on the display either.

Any suggestions anyone?
Devialet 250 - Martin Logan Ascent i - Clearaudio Champion 2 - Kuzma 4Point - Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC - Graham Slee Elevator
dCS Network Bridge - UpTone Audio EtherRegen – Esoteric DV-60 - PS Audio Power Plant 10
AUSTRALIA
There is any error code displayed in the error menu?
Can you check the voltage of the electricity supplied by the wall socket?
I had my 220 Pro turn itself on randomly.
Changed the batteries in the remote and it has not happend since.
Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar KEF KC62  |  Devialet Expert 250 Pro KEF LS50 Meta  |  KEF LSX
(09-Jul-2022, 12:11)Stian_Gel Wrote: I had my 220 Pro turn itself on randomly.

Aha! Thanks for that suggestion. Earlier today when I picked up the remote without touching any of its buttons the 250 went to standby. I was wondering if it could be the remote batteries. I’ll change them.
Devialet 250 - Martin Logan Ascent i - Clearaudio Champion 2 - Kuzma 4Point - Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC - Graham Slee Elevator
dCS Network Bridge - UpTone Audio EtherRegen – Esoteric DV-60 - PS Audio Power Plant 10
AUSTRALIA
(09-Jul-2022, 12:42)Leigh Hibbins Wrote:

Aha! Thanks for that suggestion. Earlier today when I picked up the remote without touching any of its buttons the 250 went to standby. I was wondering if it could be the remote batteries. I’ll change them.

Alas, changing the batteries in the remote did not help. Looks like I’ll need to contact a service department – wherever that is in Australia.
AUSTRALIA
(10-Jul-2022, 08:08)Leigh Hibbins Wrote:
(09-Jul-2022, 12:42)Leigh Hibbins Wrote:

Alas, changing the batteries in the remote did not help. Looks like I’ll need to contact a service department – wherever that is in Australia.

Leigh.

Devialet's Australian office is in Sydney but I don't think they have much in the way of local repair facilities. The SD card slot in my 140 Pro stopped working 2 years ago and they arranged for it to be shipped to France for repair. I had it back in the system about 2 and a half weeks later which I thought was very good considering when I had to get my previous NAD M3 repaired a few years before that, there was an authorised repair agent here in Brisbane so I could personally deliver and pick it up and it  was away for 4 weeks. I was very impressed with Devialet's service turnaround, especially since the amp had to go to France.

Things may have changed in the 2 years or so since my 140 went to France, they may now have a local repair agent, but I suspect there's not enough work in Australia for them to keep a repair facility here.

Can I suggest something else to try before contacting Devialet about a repair? Try turning your 250 off and actually disconnecting the power cord from power for a few minutes before reconnecting power and turning it back on. A thorough reboot as well as changing the remote's batteries may possibly help. I don't think it will but it's worth a try.

All that best and hope you're keeping well,

David
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Thanks for the suggestion David. I've already tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power lead. I've even tried plugging the 250 directly in to a wall socket rather than running it through the PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10.

I was wondering whether I might have to send the 250 to France for repairs. I'll contact Devialet Support and find out what is required. Your experience is amazing – all the way to France and back in just two weeks or so. Very reassuring.
AUSTRALIA