Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 400: next to eachother or on top
Music 
Hi,

A Devialet 400 is composed out of 2 Devialets 200.

I was wondering if it would be possible to place them next to eachother instead of on top of eachother.

What kind of cable connects them and how long may this cable be (1 meter ?)

Thanks a lot, Karl
(06-Jul-2015, 08:04)karl Wrote: Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to place them next to eachother instead of on top of eachother.

Thanks a lot, Karl

I have mine side by side and within reasonable distance the supplied cable will cover the distance between units. It will also save you some speaker cable length in the best case Smile.
I just wanted my units on their separate isolation feet.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
you can fit them side by side with about 10cm between them with the stock cable.. its how mine is set up.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
I have mine on top of each other with cera base feet under the companion unit. I had an Artisan silver cable custom made to connect the two units.
I had them on seperate shelves for a time but saw or heard no benefits, so thought it better to free the shelf for later use.
You can always wall mount them side by side as well
(06-Jul-2015, 08:04)karl Wrote: Hi,

Thanks a lot, Karl

No problem to place them next to eachother. I think this is good for them as the cooling is improved a lot and they tend to get rather hot when you drive them hard for a longer time.

The cable that comes with the companion is a Crystalcable rca to rca digital cable, I think it is 1m long.

But the XLR input on the companion is the way to go, there you gain a lot in sound quality. At first I used a Neutrik rca to xlr adaptor and the Crystal cable but now I have a custom made Cabeldyne rca to xlr cable that is really good for the price.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(06-Jul-2015, 14:34)octaviars Wrote: At first I used a Neutrik rca to xlr adaptor and the Crystal cable but now I have a custom made Cabeldyne rca to xlr cable that is really good for the price.

Hi octaviars - did you notice any difference in how the 400 sounded with the (Crystal+Neutrik) vs. (custom cable)?

Thanks!
Devialet 1000Pro CI + Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M
(08-Jul-2015, 18:49)absolutk Wrote:
(06-Jul-2015, 14:34)octaviars Wrote: At first I used a Neutrik rca to xlr adaptor and the Crystal cable but now I have a custom made Cabeldyne rca to xlr cable that is really good for the price.

Hi octaviars - did you notice any difference in how the 400 sounded with the (Crystal+Neutrik) vs. (custom cable)?

The stereo image is better now but the diffrenses is not so big as when you use the xlr input on the slave regardless of the cable. I changed usb cable to my Aries and new powercords almost at the same time so many new things in my system at the same time.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree