Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 400 - speakers impedance
Hi People,
I am new at the Forum.
I was wondering the power output range for the model 400 at different speakers impedances.
If I am not wrong the 400 delivers 2x400W but at what impedances?

I have a pair of Jamo R909 (600 W @ 4 ohms..also 3 ohms measured).
Can the 400 deliver 400w at this low impedance?

Thanks you.

Fernando
Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 Network Streamer, Cambridge Audio 651 CD Player, Parasound P5 Pre-Amp, Parasound A21 Amp, Jamo R 909 Speakers.
(24-Jul-2014, 07:07)Fercas27 Wrote: Hi People,
I am new at the Forum.
I was wondering the power output range for the model 400 at different speakers impedances.
If I am not wrong the 400 delivers 2x400W but at what impedances?

I have a pair of Jamo R909 (600 W @ 4 ohms..also 3 ohms measured).
Can the 400 deliver 400w at this low impedance?

Thanks you.

Fernando
Hi and welcome to the forum!

400 W in 6 ohm and 590 W in 4 ohm

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
The Jamo's are reasonably efficient, and there are many cases of Devialet's working well with low impedance speakers. However, numbers on paper can be very misleading, and the interaction between amplifier and speaker is most important to good sound. As ever, there is no substitute for a proper audition, although this can be very difficult arrange sometimes, it is worth the effort. If an audition is not possible, then you are just guessing. Now I would guess that 400w mono block amplifiers should drive the jamo's effortlessly. It's just a guess though....

Interesting speakers by the way!
Fernando,

Do not worry, the 400 will kick it in to submission! My loudspeakers are 4 ohm nominal and with the 400 there is never one moment of hesitation as 590 W and the 'damping factor' of the Devialet will almost mean effortless power.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Thank you Gents.
I did an audition yesterday.
I am between Mcintosh C50 + MC452 and the Devialet 400...

I have asked now to make an arrangement with bigger speakers, since the ones they had were small..
I was really impressed with the sound of both setups so far...
I gave a little edge advantage to the Mcintosh so far...the spatial reproduction (soundstage) was kind of better achieved (the speakers disappeared at all from the room)..

Also I have to say I didnt hear any difference when SAM was ON or OFF. I will try it again with bigger speakers...

But as I said before, I will try now with bigger speakers to kind of emulate my setup...

Keep you informed.

Thanks.
Fernando
Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 Network Streamer, Cambridge Audio 651 CD Player, Parasound P5 Pre-Amp, Parasound A21 Amp, Jamo R 909 Speakers.
Hello Guys.
Something I didnt clarify in my last post. The audition I made was with Devialet 120 and this with the Axon speakers (with SAM configured).

In general the setup sounded very impresive but I would like now to try the 400 setup: Two monoblocks (400W + 400W) and these with bigger speakers to see what expectation I can have with my Jamo 909.

I have asked the dealers to prepare this setup for next week. Keep you posted.

Fernando
Hi people,
I'm thinking to to substitute all my system with a D400. I have The SF Stradivari speakers. Do someone has experience with this SF speaker and dev 400??. It will able to manage the bass response of this so big speakers?
Thanks a lot to everyone
(03-Aug-2014, 16:33)Kenzo Wrote: Hi people,
I'm thinking to to substitute all my system with a D400. I have The SF Stradivari speakers. Do someone has experience with this SF speaker and dev 400??. It will able to manage the bass response of this so big speakers?
Thanks a lot to everyone

I dont have experience with 400, but I drive a pair of Rockport Altairs, each having 15" passive subs with 800 and no issues... 400 should be able to handle the Stradivaris.

I also heard 800 with SF Aida's, and no issues there as well...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
I dont have experience with 400, but I drive a pair of Rockport Altairs, each having 15" passive subs with 800 and no issues... 400 should be able to handle the Stradivaris.

I also heard 800 with SF Aida's, and no issues there as well...
[/quote]
Thanks, It's no doubt that the 800 is not 400 ... I hope you're right because in Italy there is any possibility to check this amplifier with our speakers... anyway I will read more to try someone works with these speakers..
Hi Kenzo,

For what its worth with regards to driving SF Strads I read on another forum, can't recall which one, about a guy going double D-Premiers (some 500 W on tap) and his comments was in the 'match in heaven' and 'never heard better'.

I myself is on the hunt for new speaker and auditioned SF Guarneri Evo and Amati Futura (However I really would like monitors). At the time I used my D200 which didn't master the G Evo (strange and forced mid range) but did it almost perfect with A Futura which I believe is less sensitive than the Stads. A Futura sounded more monitor than the G Evo but that is another story. Amati is on my list for next speakers.

Conclusion, a D400 would have driven the Amatis perfect and your Strads should, no doubt, sing perfect with D400.

/Mike