Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 800 -> 1000 Pro still worthwhile?
Hi guys. Been quite a while since I last posted. I recently upgraded my Focal Diablo Utopias to a pair of discounted Focal Stella Utopias (which are amazing). I've read most of the posts here, regarding upgrading from the 800 to 1000, but I was wondering if it's still worthwhile at this time? Is there likely to be a Devialet 1200 (or whatever) soon? Also, one of my only pet hates about the 800 was the awful wifi performance. Has this been solved with the 1000? I never successfully got the 800 to play 24 bit/192 khz without constant dropouts, regardless of my router, how close it was etc. I've been using a MacBook Pro with a USB cable (or a turntable). Would love to start using my old Synology NAS as a media server again.

Any comments would be very appreciated.
I'd be interested in experiences and opinions, too. I still haven't dismissed completely the idea of upgrading my D800, although it is about to sort itself out... (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Lyngdorf...9#pid83869)
Mac Mini - HQPlayer 4 - USB - D1000 - Gauder Akustik Cassiano
Isolated cables made from conductive material
Sound quality improvements were reported in general with the Pro CI update. Also the WiFi performance was improved through the addition of an external antenna but also a new WiFi module that supports the 5GHz band. Originally Devialet only supported the 2.4GHz band.

For streaming Devialet has added quite some functionality like AirPlay, uPnP, Roon RAAT/Air. But there’s some bugs reported by some in the different threads on the forum if you’d like to check.

And of course whether these are things that make it worth it to invest in is highly subjective. Smile

I haven’t seen any rumours yet about new Expert hardware.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(26-Apr-2019, 10:17)Antoine Wrote: Sound quality improvements were reported in general with the Pro CI update. Also the WiFi performance was improved through the addition of an external antenna but also a new WiFi module that supports the 5GHz band. Originally Devialet only supported the 2.4GHz band.

For streaming Devialet has added quite some functionality like AirPlay, uPnP, Roon RAAT/Air. But there’s some bugs reported by some in the different threads on the forum if you’d like to check.

And of course whether these are things that make it worth it to invest in is highly subjective. Smile

I haven’t seen any rumours yet about new Expert hardware.

Thanks guys. Sounds like it's a worthwhile upgrade. Will probably do it soon. I'm also on the lookout for Nordost Valhalla V2 speaker cable, so may have to make a decision which way to go. I'm currently using Nordost Heimdall V1, which is great, but I would love a used set of Valhallas. Will end up doing both upgrades eventually I think.
(26-Apr-2019, 02:34)chrish Wrote: Hi guys. Been quite a while since I last posted. I recently upgraded my Focal Diablo Utopias to a pair of discounted Focal Stella Utopias (which are amazing). I've read most of the posts here, regarding upgrading from the 800 to 1000, but I was wondering if it's still worthwhile at this time? Is there likely to be a Devialet 1200 (or whatever) soon? Also, one of my only pet hates about the 800 was the awful wifi performance. Has this been solved with the 1000? I never successfully got the 800 to play 24 bit/192 khz without constant dropouts, regardless of my router, how close it was etc. I've been using a MacBook Pro with a USB cable (or a turntable). Would love to start using my old Synology NAS as a media server again.

Power Supply is one of the biggest upgrade, the Expert PRO performs better with some speakers that is difficult to drive for normal EXPERT.

The current version of software/firmware is very stable.

I am looking forward to the EXPERT 1200 PRO!!!
(07-May-2019, 01:30)PeppaPig Wrote:
(26-Apr-2019, 02:34)chrish Wrote: Hi guys. Been quite a while since I last posted. I recently upgraded my Focal Diablo Utopias to a pair of discounted Focal Stella Utopias (which are amazing). I've read most of the posts here, regarding upgrading from the 800 to 1000, but I was wondering if it's still worthwhile at this time? Is there likely to be a Devialet 1200 (or whatever) soon? Also, one of my only pet hates about the 800 was the awful wifi performance. Has this been solved with the 1000? I never successfully got the 800 to play 24 bit/192 khz without constant dropouts, regardless of my router, how close it was etc. I've been using a MacBook Pro with a USB cable (or a turntable). Would love to start using my old Synology NAS as a media server again.

Power Supply is one of the biggest upgrade, the Expert PRO performs better with some speakers that is difficult to drive for normal EXPERT.

The current version of software/firmware is very stable.

I am looking forward to the EXPERT 1200 PRO!!!

Think I'm going to upgrade to the 1000. Unfortunately, I ordered a set of Nordost Valhallas V2 speaker cable earlier today, so it may be a few weeks off now.