Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 800 vs. 1000 Expert Pro
Hi, everyone.

I am new to this forum, hope, this thread does not exist yet.

Does the upgrade from 800 to 1000 make sense? 
Is the DA converter really better and so is the power supply? How about the sound?

The upgrade costs EUR 4.900.

Thank you for your opinions.

Regards

Oliver
I regretted converting my 2 D-Premiers to 800s FWIW.
The phono stage got noisier, I lost the HDMI input and the sound quality was the same.
The gains were more power, which I am not sure I needed, and the ability in DSP to use SAM and my speakers don't have a profile for SAM so no gain for me.
Based on my careful evaluation I would not expect a change in sound unless you are running at very high power levels.
Others will have different advice I am sure!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Hi. Thank you very much for your information; of course that's annoying.

Are there any of you who have switched from the Dev. 800 to the 1000 Expert Pro?
Hi @Oliver . I think @Confused here at DC had 800 before his current 1000 and has described his view on the difference at least once, maybe several times. A bit of search should easily bring posts on this.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(19-Aug-2021, 13:21)Oliver Wrote: Hi. Thank you very much for your information; of course that's annoying.

Are there any of you who have switched from the Dev. 800 to the 1000 Expert Pro?
I did convert from 800 to 1000. Basically when I had 800 I was thinking if I change away from Devialet. I was already testing other options. Then I tested 1000 and it was immediate decision to upgrade to 1000. It is so much better. No regrets!
(19-Aug-2021, 20:23)ogs Wrote: Hi @Oliver . I think @Confused  here at DC had 800 before his current 1000 and has described his view on the difference at least once, maybe several times. A bit of search should easily bring posts on this.

Hi Ogs, I know ;-)
(20-Aug-2021, 05:55)Waiski Wrote:
(19-Aug-2021, 13:21)Oliver Wrote: Hi. Thank you very much for your information; of course that's annoying.

I did convert from 800 to 1000. Basically when I had 800 I was thinking if I change away from Devialet. I was already testing other options. Then I tested 1000 and it was immediate decision to upgrade to 1000. It is so much better. No regrets!

Hi Waiski,

thank You very much for Your impressions.

Yes, I checked out some threads - I will Upgrade ;-)