Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR 3.0.5 will not open with M1 Mac Mini
Hi, I recently bought M1 Mac mini and installed Devialet AIR 3.0.5.  Installation went well but I cannot open Devialet AIR app.  The error message pops up and cannot proceed.  OS is macOS Monterey 12.0.1.  I have no issue with 2016 Macbook with Monterey 12.0.1 and 2019 iMac with Monterey 12.0.1.

Your comment/help would be greatly appreciated.
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
Writing to Devialet support would be the best recommendation
(20-Jan-2022, 21:32)markush Wrote: Writing to Devialet support would be the best recommendation

Yes, I already did it.

I am wondering if anyone here successfully runs Devialet AIR 3.0.5 with M1 Mac mini.
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
Being a modern Mac, it runs a OS version on which AIR cannot be installed.
Devialet is basically two years behind in providing versions of AIR that can run on Apple…
Yes this is very sad - especially since providing an updated driver for MacOS isn‘t time consuming or a big deal. But of course very important for many users.
(21-Jan-2022, 09:07)markush Wrote: Yes this is very sad - especially since providing an updated driver for MacOS isn‘t time consuming or a big deal.

Markus, unless you've actually been through that process, I'm not sure how you could know how much effort is involved.  If you have, what is your estimate?

Not that I'm apologising for Devialet - they need to keep the driver up to date, of course - but it doesn't seem helpful to make comments like that unless you have data to back them up.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Guys, I got a reply from a Devialet engineer as below. Unfortunately, Devialet Air is not compatible with M1 Mac mini....

---
Air is not officially compatible with BigSur, Monterey and the most recent os from Apple

It is certainly not compatible neither with M-silicon based computers. (only Intel so far)
(21-Jan-2022, 09:28)thumb5 Wrote:
(21-Jan-2022, 09:07)markush Wrote: Yes this is very sad - especially since providing an updated driver for MacOS isn‘t time consuming or a big deal.

Markus, unless you've actually been through that process, I'm not sure how you could know how much effort is involved.  If you have, what is your estimate?

Not that I'm apologising for Devialet - they need to keep the driver up to date, of course - but it doesn't seem helpful to make comments like that unless you have data to back them up.

Well as stated above and officially confirmed:
„ Air is not officially compatible with BigSur, Monterey and the most recent os from Apple“
These MacOS versions are out for years - and as you mentioned that is really a very very long time span to update the driver.
Don’t know if you are into development, coding but porting an already available driver to adapt to a new OS release is something that needs some adaption rather than coding or developing something from scratch. In addition Apple has own teams that support companies providing drivers or needing adaptations for new MacOS versions.

But it‘s just not only the AIR driver that got neglected - if you have followed the history / development of the Devialet Remote for Expert Line, you know what I mean ;-)
@markush Just so you know, I write device drivers (for embedded, real-time operating systems) for a living Wink I can say from experience that it is not always a straightforward task to port from one version of an OS to another, if it's done properly.

I do indeed know what you mean, and don't intend to give Devialet an "easy way out", but it could be misleading to say that it's "not time consuming or a big deal" unless you know the details.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Sure, it shouldn‘t have made the impression it’s like a „save / export driver to xy OS version“.
But Apple is normally very supportive when a developer is willing and committed to provide an updated driver - also in the interest of Apple to keep it compatible with newer OS versions and customers happy.

And providing this functionality of Devialet to customers is actually one of the core features.
AIR is essentially the integral part of Expert line and what this sign of not updating neither the AIR driver nor the iOS remote app is giving to customers is unfortunately very obvious.

Very sad to summarize (no matter how many hours these tasks take) that after so many years Expert line got that neglected - which was their flagship and what Devialet originally stood for.