Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR WIFI DSD is not working
I had never tried it before, to use 5GHz Wifi instead of Ethernet.

For PCM files it works fine with Roon and JRiver (Server ->Switch->Repeater->D220 Pro).

For DSD files with JRiver your hear the track but its overloaded with a kind of static white noise.

DSD with RoonReady works over Wifi.

Is DSD over Wifi AIR not supported or do you have any other idea?
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro
Hi

DSD is not supported over AIR WiFi, anything over 24/96 pcm is treated differently and doesn’t use asynchronous transfer.

If you are using Roon and want to use AIR over WiFi I think it’s best to set Roon to 96khz maximum so it resamples anything so it works well with AIR.

Cheers

Chris
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(03-Aug-2019, 20:59)Chris Marshall Wrote: Hi

DSD is not supported over AIR WiFi, anything over 24/96 pcm is treated differently and doesn’t use asynchronous transfer.

If you are using Roon and want to use AIR over WiFi I think it’s best to set Roon to 96khz maximum so it resamples anything so it works well with AIR.

Cheers

Chris
Thank you Chris,

AIR WIFI with 24/192 pcm works at my place. Also it seems UPnP over WIFI is limited to 24/192 pcm.  I did not found the Devialet documentation on this. On their Website Devialet also claims that UPnP is limited to pcm, but with JRiver DSD over UpnP works without problems for me (AIR SQ is better than UpNp for me) - if using Ethernet.

I will further use Ethernet and not switch to WiFi.
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro