Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR active, but no streaming
Has this ever happened to you: the Devialet AIR app icon is black (showing the connection to Devialet is active), however there is no streaming. If I disable AIR, and re-enable it, the streaming starts functioning. Platform: Windows 7.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
Yes,

Apple Mojave - Audirvana+ - AIR Ethernet : Happens every time I play tracks where the bit/sample rates are different.
A lot has happened since the last AIR update. I have hopes that the next firmware/config/AIR versions will fix everything.
In the Security Options, enable the media program you normally use. This is a known problem with JRiver as well
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Yep - I've been dealing with this a lot lately, and it does usually happen when switching between different file resolutions. I even resorted to writing a small AutoIt script for Windows that automatically toggled Devialet AIR off/on again.
Having bought one of the latest Mac Mini's (2018) I've moved over to MacOS, and J.River with AIR does exactly the same thing on that platform!
I didn't know it might only be a JRiver thing though. I found it worse if the Hardware Buffer setting was left at 1000ms in AIR, and cut-out happens less often once its lowered to 100ms.
Life's hard for us non-Rooners... but JRiver has been my go-to for Audio AND Video for several years now.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(13-Nov-2018, 17:48)JohnnySix Wrote: Yep - I've been dealing with this a lot lately, and it does usually happen when switching between different file resolutions. I even resorted to writing a small AutoIt script for Windows that automatically toggled Devialet AIR off/on again.
Having bought one of the latest Mac Mini's (2018) I've moved over to MacOS, and J.River with AIR does exactly the same thing on that platform!
I didn't know it might only be a JRiver thing though. I found it worse if the Hardware Buffer setting was left at 1000ms in AIR, and cut-out happens less often once its lowered to 100ms.
Life's hard for us non-Rooners... but JRiver has been my go-to for Audio AND Video for several years now.

Next time it happens to me, I'll try to restart JRiver, instead of AIR, and see if this fixes it (just out of curiosity).
To me the problem occurs only rarely, and always in the beginning of a listening session (so, not related to a different sampling rate). 
Changing sampling rate was known to break AIR in the past (I thought the last FW was supposed to fix this bug).
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
(12-Nov-2018, 17:33)Alexs Wrote: È mai successo a te: l'icona dell'app Devialet AIR è nera (indica che la connessione a Devialet è attiva), tuttavia non c'è streaming. Se disattivo AIR, e riattivalo, lo streaming inizia a funzionare. Piattaforma: Windows 7.
non è mai successo, puoi aggiornare a JR24? forse qualcosa cambia
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia