Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR and Server 2012R2
Just wanting to know if AIR works with server 2012R2.

Has anyone tried it?   Thoughts or impressions?
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
I guess it will work, but I never tried it. But if you want the best sound quality go for Roon and use the integrated AIR implementation. A clear step up in SQ and absolutely stable.
Just to confirm. Roon doesn't improve the sound quality right? i.e. SQ would be the same if it's just using AIR vs. AIR+Roon.
Roon does improve the sound quality. It is not using the Devialet AIR driver (of course you can use that as well) but it's own implementation. So no WASAPI or ASIO. And it seems that we will get RAAT in the near future which will replace AIR with the internal Roon protokoll (Roon Advanced Audio Transport). This could be another step up.
They have a 2 week trial so you can test it.
Thanks for clarifying!
In theory Devialet Air, Roon Air and RaaT shall have exactly the same SQ.

However there is a major difference between Devialet Air from one hand and Roon Air or RaaT from the other hand: Roon doesn’t go through the OS sound subsystems while Devialet Air has to since it behaves as a sound card.

The simpler and more straightforward path is always better because it eliminates the potential for screwup like bouffer drops, rate and bit depth changing etc...

Hence preference given to Roon for those who are using it.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Since I switched from using Devialet AIR (latest version) to Roon AIR, I no longer have any stuttering or dropouts. Roon AIR always works and, yes, I also believe it sounds a bit better than Devialet AIR did.

Devialet AIR v3.0.4 did work far better than previous versions, but it was never 100% stable for me. Roon AIR is.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
...and Roon AIR gives you an excellent remote on/off and volume control as well.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Not sure how this question turned into a ROON discussion, but somehow it did.

So, I will rephrase the actual question.

Has anyone used AIR on server 2012 R2? Does it work?

Problems? Hints or tips? Thoughts? Impressions?
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
Just to clear things up, and end this thread "on topic"....

I e-mailed Devialet about AIR running on Window Server 2012. 

AIR is not compatible with Server 2012.

Thanks for all your help guys...