Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR sound settings (Windows)
Hello,

I connected my Devialet 120 with AIR and I noticed that in the sound settings there are strange unticked "Device specific" items with hex codes.
What are they for?

[Image: image.png]

I also noticed that the highest bitrate setting (24 bit / 192 KHz) causes the AIR app to switch to "Disable Devialet AIR" after a few seconds, while 24 bit / 96 KHz works properly. Is that normal?

Thank you very much for your help Smile
Bump Smile Any clue?
Thanks
Possibly because relatively few use Devialet's virtual sound card driver here at DC - for the very same reasons you notice, it's not reliable. If you use Roon the built-in AIR is much more reliable. Other than that a Raspberry 3 or 4 with a SPDIF HAT or a 4 if you want to use USB is the way to go for a low priced high quality streamer.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(08-May-2021, 07:33)Lilitti Wrote: Hello,

I connected my Devialet 120 with AIR and I noticed that in the sound settings there are strange unticked "Device specific" items with hex codes.
What are they for?

I also noticed that the highest bitrate setting (24 bit / 192 KHz) causes the AIR app to switch to "Disable Devialet AIR" after a few seconds, while 24 bit / 96 KHz works properly. Is that normal?

Thank you very much for your help Smile

What buffer setting are you using?  (In the "unlock advanced settings" section of the AIR app on the computer)

It is a long time since I used AIR but I recall that the app would disable if the buffer was too large.  This might not be your issue, but worth a double check.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I use a 1000 ms buffer (the default value). I tried 100 ms but it's the same.
If I enable those options and try to move the sliders, the hex values go to zero and stay there regardless of the position of the sliders.
I will drop an e-mail to Devialet support and report back Smile

Thanks
(11-May-2021, 14:49)Lilitti Wrote: I use a 1000 ms buffer (the default value). I tried 100 ms but it's the same.
If I enable those options and try to move the sliders, the hex values go to zero and stay there regardless of the position of the sliders.
I will drop an e-mail to Devialet support and report back Smile

Thanks

Yes, it should work fine at 100ms or 1000ms, I think it was the 2000ms to 3000ms range that I found problematic.

Good luck with Devialet support!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Devialet support has no clue about those sliders.
Regarding the 24 / 192 there may be not enough bandwidth with the 2.4 GHz WiFi. Not a big deal since I use it 99% over USB Smile