Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Air crashes on Mojave
Has anyone seen this before? I just installed Devialet Air 3.0.4 on a brand new MacBook Pro 13" 2018 and it crashes on startup. Rebooting the Mac does not help, contrarily to what the dialog says.

All the more intriguing that I have a MacBook Air running Mojave where Devialet Air is running without any issue. Except that it went through the Devialet Air beta program and even 2.x releases.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(14-Nov-2018, 20:40)arcam Wrote: Has anyone seen this before? I just installed Devialet Air 3.0.4 on a brand new MacBook Pro 13" 2018 and it crashes on startup. Rebooting the Mac does not help, contrarily to what the dialog says.

All the more intriguing that I have a MacBook Air running Mojave where Devialet Air is running without any issue. Except that it went through the Devialet Air beta program and even 2.x releases.

Could it be that it is blocked by the firewall.

I recently moved to a WI10 machine and got a similar message, if I remember well. 

There are some posts here that describe the firewall issue... I'd give it a try!
Please check the Devialet's support site regarding the Devialet AIR.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...vialet-Air-

Under the FAQ section there is this:
Quote:When I launch Devialet Air, I have a error message saying Sound Card Driver could not be loaded?
Devialet Air 3.0.4 can generate a specific error message when launching it on a Windows PC. the error message is "The Air Virtual Sound card Driver could not be load". In order to allow Devialet Air to be launch properly, we suggest you to disable the secure boot on your BIOS.

You can find the steps to follow into the manufacturer of your PC website, otherwise, you can follow steps into the Microsoft Website

https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows...ecure-boot

Same error can happen on a MacOS, to fix this error message here are the steps to do:

• Go into System Preferences
  • Select Security & Privacy
  • on the below option you will find the following mention "System software from developper "Devialet SAS" was blocked from loading" Click on the Allow button.
  • If this button have disappeared (which is the case about 1 hours after the Devialet Air Installation), Hold the Control button of your keyboard, and click on the Devialet Icon
  • Select the option "Open". The error message will appear again.
  • Return to Security & Privacy, the "Allow" button will re-appear. 
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Excellent, works like a charm !
Mojave also has security considerations for JRiver 24 for Mac. You need to configure an exception, as is explained above. No idea why Apple did this.

Upgraded MacBook from High-Sierra to Mojave
Alterations noticed...

The media player needs to be granted a Security Exception in Security Options. This applied to JRiver and Audacity, didn't try any others (yet)
Better USB3 performance - much faster external hard disc access
With disabled volume chosen for the Sound Device, there is a +3 db gain in the USB output
Alteration to MIDI output to permit 32bit 192KHz playback was saved. In High Sierra, this would default back to 16 bit 44.1KHz

Volume increase means the (preamp) volume can be set to -22db instead of -19db for the same volume
Hoping its not my imagination, but the sound seems smoother
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds