Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Air does not open
I have installed Devialet Air version 30.4 on my iMac (High Sierra OS 10.13.4). Although the installation was "successful", the program fails to open. The same goes for version 30.2.
Any ideas how to solve this?
If you open the console (/Applications/Utilities/Console), and then try to launch Air, what log do you get?

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(29-Apr-2018, 19:51)Jean-Marie Wrote: If you open the console (/Applications/Utilities/Console), and then try to launch Air, what log do you get?

Jean-Marie

Hi Jean Marie,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if I exactly understand what you mean. What do you mean by "the console and where can I read the log"? 
I open the launchpad on my iMac and click on the Devialet icon. The launchpad closes itself. The same thing happens when I go to  the Finder > Programs > double click on Devialet Air. There's no message at all.
This evening I will try to install the Devialet Air on my MacBook (OS X Yosemite 10.10.5). Maybe that will work.

George
Hi George

The Console is a program that can be used to run diagnostics among so many other things on ur Mac. U can find it by going to Applications/Utilities folder on your Mac

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(02-May-2018, 18:13)amabrok Wrote: Hi George

The Console is a program that can be used to run diagnostics among so many other things on ur Mac. U can find it by going to Applications/Utilities folder on your Mac

Thanks for the help. A colleague of mine showed me and while we were trying to solve the "problem" he noticed that the Devialet icon showed up in the upper task bar.   Shy

After that it did work. But in the end I preferred to use a separate streaming device. More resolution and control.
Great to hear it is working now.

What other streaming option did you end up using?

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(06-May-2018, 08:34)amabrok Wrote: Great to hear it is working now.

I had to install Roonlabs player on my Mac and it works. Roon is a subscription music service though. Unfortunately the music selection in Roon is limited and you cannot play Youtube music through Roon either. Devialet needs to restore the Air on Mac. 
(12-May-2021, 00:36)liu.scottie Wrote:
(06-May-2018, 08:34)amabrok Wrote: Great to hear it is working now.

I had to install Roonlabs player on my Mac and it works. Roon is a subscription music service though. Unfortunately the music selection in Roon is limited and you cannot play Youtube music through Roon either. Devialet needs to restore the Air on Mac. 

Not exactly. Roon is a music player and music server. You can use it to stream your own local music files or use it in conjunction with a music streaming service such as Qobuz, Tidal and live radio stations etc.. It doesn’t work with Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube and many others. You don’t say what Devialet products you own, but I can stream sound from YouTube while watching on my iPad by touching the icon highlighted in my screenshot, then choose AirPlay and Bluetooth devices and select my Devialet amp from the list.  You don’t need to have a computer in the loop to achieve this, but if you are using your Mac to watch YouTube, then you should, AFAIK, still be able to stream using the above instructions whether roon or Air is installed or not.

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England