Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Arch accepts MC cartridges
Have been waiting for quite some time for an interface between my MC cartridge equipped turntable and my Phantoms. After reading the very short spec sheet on Devialet’s site I called them to ask about MC compatibility and they confirmed it was there. Anybody here have a screenshot of the interface on the app regarding cartridge type selection or is automatic like I was told ?
(04-Feb-2021, 01:16)benoit Wrote: Have been waiting for quite some time for an interface between my MC cartridge equipped turntable and my Phantoms. After reading the very short spec sheet on Devialet’s site I called them to ask about MC compatibility and they confirmed it was there. Anybody here have a screenshot of the interface on the app regarding cartridge type selection or is automatic like I was told ?
Just sensitivity adjustment, not capacitance but does work with MC cartridge [Image: 0586ecb408d196a8c77168b1f8140bf6.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Thank you for the screenshot. I just checked the output from my Denon DL-103 and it is 0,3 mV. Do you guys think it will be good enough? Probably going to order it anyways to find out Wink
(06-Feb-2021, 18:15)benoit Wrote: Thank you for the screenshot. I just checked the output from my Denon DL-103 and it is 0,3 mV. Do you guys think it will be good enough? Probably going to order it anyways to find out Wink
I'm more worried about the lack of impedance loading adjustment. I just read that in the expert series 120 and 140, loading is locked to 47k ohms where my cartridge wants 100 ohms! The arch may work differently but I feel its a bit bass shy in my setup so far and the loading may be the cause.

I think the 0.3mv will be fine just the volume will have to be higher than other sources.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
(06-Feb-2021, 18:28)jonstatt Wrote: loading is locked to 47k ohms where my cartridge wants 100 ohms!

A 100 ohm loading resistor for each channel would do the trick.  I believe there are RCA adapters available for this.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hello
Anyone for anyone using Arch, after trial and error I found that setting PLC as primary mode and very important have Arch and Phantoms on same powerline I use an audiophile power strip with only Phantoms and Arch.
Now it sounds superb playing from a Linn Sondek.
Before I did this Arch would default to WiFi and was very glitch prone. Have fun