Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Branch ... WTF?? Backordered until late December
(19-Nov-2015, 00:56)dkoretz Wrote: The dealer is telling me they dropped their old supplier due to quality issues and are starting over with a new supplier so delays are going to be much longer than previously communicated.

My dealer said, that Branch will arrive within 2 weeks. Will that be the new Branch model or the older one with quality issues?
(19-Nov-2015, 01:33)mixart Wrote:
(19-Nov-2015, 00:56)dkoretz Wrote: The dealer is telling me they dropped their old supplier due to quality issues and are starting over with a new supplier so delays are going to be much longer than previously communicated.

My dealer said, that Branch will arrive within 2 weeks. Will that be the new Branch model or the older one with quality issues?

Since they've been demo'ing the Phantom on Branch stands, I think you'll be find. The quality issues may be on the production side and yield (which is to say that in a given day, they can churn out "x" units with "y" rejected at the factory). I wouldn't worry about your particular Branch being bad...
(19-Nov-2015, 01:39)AlanD Wrote:
(19-Nov-2015, 01:33)mixart Wrote:

Since they've been demo'ing the Phantom on Branch stands, I think you'll be find.  The quality issues may be on the production side and yield (which is to say that in a given day, they can churn out "x" units with "y" rejected at the factory).  I wouldn't worry about your particular Branch being bad...

It's not a quality problem, it's a full supplier switch according to what Devialet told my dealer. That means they have to ramp up tooling & production on a new line, so that could create it's own issues. I would definitely check your parts carefully upon arrival.
Maybe they should have abandoned to idea of laminating wood veneer onto aluminium tube, very labour intensive I would have thought, and simply left it as natural finish aluminium or powdercoated. Maybe it would then not have such a stupid price.
(20-Nov-2015, 16:12)nigelb001 Wrote: Maybe they should have abandoned to idea of laminating wood veneer onto aluminium tube, very labour intensive I would have thought, and simply left it as natural finish aluminium or powdercoated. Maybe it would then not have such a stupid price.

Bit it's very nice
My pair of branch stands are very well made and were part of the first batch. They don't have any wood veneer on them at all, it's just a coating or finishing coat to the extruded aluminum post.

I was told at the Silverstone Show UK that the first batch were made in China. Due to apparent quality issues manufacturing has been brought back into France for the "new" batch two of the branch stands. Obviously this has put the price up; but if batch two are of similar quality to batch one then they'll be good value.

I need two more and will be buying them when they emerge as they really flatter the Phantoms and change the whole look of the speaker. Very classy.