Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One month left to update my Silvers?
Hi - forgive me for having a question regarding what probably has been dealt with extensively earlier on: according to Devialet there is now less than one month left to update to DOS2. I am having a stereo paired of Silver Phantoms, basically since its introduction, still with a Dialogue but without using Spark or the Devialet app; I use the Spotify app itself as source. I passed by on the DOS migration earlier on due to its initial issues.

The obvious question being: I guess I now have to update after all? What if I don’t? Does it imply I lose stereo functionality if the Dialogue breaks down? Or am I in trouble anyway if the Dialogue or Silvers give up on me without the update? Can I just update directly through the Devialet app from the 2015 situation to the updated ecosystem?

Sorry for this being unclear to me after having read the Devialet email; I am not a tech guy but simply still immensely enjoy the system after all these years and would like to continue the journey!

Thnx!
DOS 2 was a major update in both stability and user friendliness. I would wholeheartedly recommend it.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have a Silver/Dialog combi since the early years. No interest in updating since one of the Phantoms is not compatible with Dos2.
I’m happy with the system as it is. What happens when Devialet change support and functionality eventually will be lost, I do not know !

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(28-Jun-2024, 17:10)jvi Wrote: I have a Silver/Dialog combi since the early years. No interest in updating since one of the Phantoms is not compatible with Dos2.
I’m happy with the system as it is. What happens when Devialet change support and functionality eventually will be lost, I do not know !

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Well, a Phantom not being compatible leaves little to choose I guess. But the possibility of losing functionality and support if both Phantoms can be migrated is scary, even though I like the set-up as it is. Thanks!
I have 6 silvers, 2 golds and 4 whites (12 total). I’d say upgrading is a no-brainer. Going on the platform with Spotify, DOS2, just is nice. Playing them all throughout the apartment is really nice.
If there’s a technical impediment to upgrading… I might change my mind.
6 silvers, 2 golds and 4 whites
And… a D-Premier (untouched).