Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Configurator
Decided to add a subwoofer to my Devialet 500 setup.  Struggled with the Configurator functionality.  Tried several browsers.  Finally, after re-installing Internet Explorer 11, got the configurator to function correctly.

Devialet really needs to update the configurator to work with the more current browsers.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
Devialet really needs to replace the configurator with a means to config directly on the Expert Pro. Given today's technology, to have to config via a web page, download to an SD card and boot from that card seems antiquated. But yes, at the very least, Devialet needs to fix the configurator. There are several known and documented bugs - not sure if they are browser related or just poor coding.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
It is unnecessarily complicated. It has put a few friends off buying a Devialet on account of their poor computer skills.

While it does offer a good variety of options, the interface is too involved and somewhat illogical

A well set-out manual written in good English would be a boon, and perhaps cheaper than revising the whole GUI
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
I haven’t changed my had to change my config for ages; thank the stars, but when I did I found that Firefox worked better than Safari. Also I was unable to edit existing configurations and the only sure fire way was to start from scratch, anonymously. PITA.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England