Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet D400 Infrared port - compatibility with Logitech Harmony One
Hi all,

I would like to combine a NAD HomeTheater set composed out of a NAD T-187 (processor) and a NAD T-977 (amplifier) with a D-400 of Devialet.
The D-400 would be used for "stereo" (Sonos using Qobuz and High Resolution media files) while the Home Theater set would be used to watch television and HD media delivered through a Dune media-player.

I currently use a Logitech Harmony One remote control and I'm very happy with this since it controls my complete HT set, including the Dune, a television decoder (Telenet in Belgium), a Blueray player, AppleTV, Samsung LED TV and a Sonos.

Now, it seems that the Devialet Premier has a built in infrared sensor that could in theory receive signals from the Logitech Harmony. It seems also that the Devialet 400 does not have such a sensor built in.

Can anyone give me details or help me finding a solution to connect an universal remote control (Logitech Harmony one or another one) so that I would be able to manage with one remote control not only my Home Theater setup but also the Devialet D 400 ?

I would love to combine the Devialet 400 in my Home Theater setup but this 'detail' is holding me back from buying it. The complete system has to be used by my whole family without too much thinking about about what input channels to use etc. The Harmony One takes care of all of that in a very user-friendly way.

Thanks a lot !!!!!!! Karl
I have asked whether the dxxx range works with harmony remote a while back. Unfortunately the answer is no. The d premier has ir but not the dxxx range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Devialet remote is radio controled. Logitech is infrared. Not compatible!

Sent by iPad
The update from D-Premier to 240 (250 with firmware update) had the following changes:
Added Ethernet connection.
Added USB connection.
More DSP to allow SAM.

Deleted HDMI connection.
Downgraded optical inputs from 192/24 to 96/24
Deleted IR remote control capability.

They did not make a big thing of the latter two, I was disappointed by the omissions when my D-Premier was updated, a sideways step rather than upgrade IMO.

AFAIK the 120 and 200 models produced at the same time as the update to the D-Premier never had the IR receiver in the first place.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(04-Jul-2015, 20:07)f1eng Wrote: Downgraded optical inputs from 192/24 to 96/24
Deleted IR remote control capability.

They did not make a big thing of the latter two, I was disappointed by the omissions when my D-Premier was updated, a sideways step rather than upgrade IMO.

AFAIK the 120 and 200 models produced at the same time as the update to the D-Premier never had the IR receiver in the first place.

Thanks for all the reactions and to confirm the lack of an IR remote control capability. This is bad news for me. Is there a way to use the RS232 port to circumvent for this ?

Karl