Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog not compatible with expert line until mid 2015
(02-Mar-2015, 22:25)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(16-Feb-2015, 18:00)brit Wrote:
(16-Feb-2015, 17:52)Eddye Wrote:
(16-Feb-2015, 17:45)brit Wrote:
(16-Feb-2015, 17:41)brit Wrote: Hi Eddye,

Many thanks, couldn't find it on UK site, but away from home so no access to my home PC so no time to investigate!

Hi again, tried accessing the site from my iPad but all videos are greyed out! 
Sorry, I was browsing on my Macbook, but I see what you mean. On my iPad the vid's are greyed out too. 

That's OK, will try again, on my PC, when I get home tomorrow.
My Dialog order status has now changed (under Mes Commandes) to show that it will be delivered on 15th April. Anybody else have an delivery date confirmed for Dialog?  I'm in the UK.  

My order, from 30/12/14, still shows "processing"
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

My order for a Dialog only (n°300000034) was showing a delivery date of mid Feb, then the end of March, and is now shown as "Processing". Maybe "processing" means it's about to be dispatched? To be honest, I am not actually bothered if it comes this month or next. Until it will work with the "Expert" range it is not much use to me, I might as well get it as late as possible, hence maintaining the guarantee period.

Having said that, I think the recent news that people have been buying Phantoms direct from Colette, and that producing the Colette stock has been done at a priority over long standing Devialet "Expert" owners who ordered in good faith, following an "invitation" and paid up front, is quite appalling. This is no way to treat long standing customers & early Devialet adopters. Devialet should be shamefaced.
I fully agree with you, Confused. Same experience here. Order nr. 31, now to be delivered mid April. I wonder if I can rely on this new date as they keep changing it all the time. Very disappointing. Next time they are going to change the delivery date I will cancel my order and ask my money back.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(03-Mar-2015, 13:42)Confused Wrote: My order for a Dialog only (n°300000034) was showing a delivery date of mid Feb, then the end of March, and is now shown as "Processing".   Maybe "processing" means it's about to be dispatched?  To be honest, I am not actually bothered if it comes this month or next.  Until it will work with the "Expert" range it is not much use to me, I might as well get it as late as possible, hence maintaining the guarantee period.

Having said that, I think the recent news that people have been buying Phantoms direct from Colette, and that producing the Colette stock has been done at a priority over long standing Devialet "Expert" owners who ordered in good faith, following an "invitation" and paid up front, is quite appalling.  This is no way to treat long standing customers & early Devialet adopters.  Devialet should be shamefaced.

(03-Mar-2015, 17:33)Charlemagne Wrote: I fully agree with you, Confused. Same experience here. Order nr. 31, now to be delivered mid April. I wonder if I can rely on this new date as they keep changing it all the time. Very disappointing. Next time they are going to change the delivery date I will cancel my order and ask my money back.

Shamefaced yes, and presumably thinking customers are pretty stupid.

Your orders, the 31st and 34th, might now be delivered mid April.

Yet they issue a video, as kindly translated by Guillaume, saying they are making 150 per week, presumably from sometime in January.

So you order in the first 50 and get delivered from a batch nearer to 2,000.

Unacceptable.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Hi All,

I really admire you for ordering. When my offer came from Dev I just laughed and deleted it due to that Dev' track record of late is a disaster and now reading this post confirms that. I have no intention to order anything or do any software until it is fully shown to work/function.
Slowly steaming my self up to the Munich event...

Sceptic/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(03-Mar-2015, 23:14)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi All,

I really admire you for ordering. When my offer came from Dev I just laughed and deleted it due to that Dev' track record of late is a disaster and now reading this post confirms that. I have no intention to order anything or do any software until it is fully shown to work/function.

Sceptic/Mike

A disaster - really - mine still works when did yours stop?

Sorry nothing personal but just fed up with the constant negative bitching on this forum, I wonder if anyone here actually listens to their Devialet or spends all their time adjusting and moaning about it.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I think that once Devialet get their act together the DIALOG will probably function well. Whether it'll meet the SQ criteria of some on this forum, I doubt. But then it only costs EUR299, which is less than some people spend on a USB cable. So having ordered a DIALOG at the beginning of January and seen my delivery date repeatedly slip, and knowing that the DIALOG won't work with my D200 before May at the earliest, I'm still pretty relaxed about the whole thing.

Sure there have been some cock-ups, PR blunders and unresolved glitches. But Devialet have done a few fundamental things right. They've produced an amp/DAC that's unrivalled for driving electrodynamic speakers, that looks beautiful, and is a joy to use (assuming you don't bank on AIR). Also the Phantom (which I've heard) is very clever and impressive, for what it is.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(03-Mar-2015, 23:22)NickB Wrote:

Sceptic/Mike

Sorry nothing personal but just fed up with the constant negative bitching on this forum, I wonder if anyone here actually listens to their Devialet or spends all their time adjusting and moaning about it.

We should bl**dy well be moaning with that customer backup specially for some of us having substantial investments done. My stuff works a charm (music production wise) with old settings, recently tried to configure with new configurator, but disaster. Though config issues seem to be related to us mono users. I would like to config now and then but have to wait until I feel it is safe to do so.
I play the system at average 5 hours per day and have great joy from it. SAM is a bliss for sound quality by the way.

Dev has hybris and can't handle their promises no less no more. I do hope they will pull together as hope is still with me even if sceptic at the moment.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Sceptic/Mike

To be balanced, if you read posts from the early days of this forum, they were almost universally supportive. Indeed, if you read what might be considered this forum's predecessor, the huge thread on HiFi Wigwam, it could be alleged that that got closed, and then reopened but moved, because it was dominating that forum and because many owners were gushing and many non-owners were spiteful.

The bitching has arise because two of Devialet's four Expert USPs, AIR and EVO, do not work for many; because they've replaced a useful technical website with a useless marketing one; because their recent advertising is considered by many to be crass for a premier brand; because they now hardly ever release any useful information for existing users; and because even the Phantom and Dialog launch has been messed up in terms of product clarity and delivery promises.

So if you were scoring them over the last six months you might give them 2 out of 10. Perhaps in part because they have declined from such a high start point. 

Even Devialet themselves recognise that, and probably know that if there is a lot of discontent amongst existing owners, it won't be long before that spreads to dealers and distributors. These are technically time-consuming products for dealers and distributors when they don't work.

"Big boys toys" invariable provoke opinion swings far greater than warranted in the real world, but Devialet are in the world of big boys toys and need to react accordingly. And if you look at big boys toys in terms of top brand top model cars, those manufacturers simply don't let faults hang around, in silence, for months on end.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Sceptic/Mike

Well said Nick.