Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UPGRADE in the house : )
Big Grin 
[Image: pP0Gvn6.jpg]
Upgraded from a pair of Devialet Phantom I Premier Classic 103dB to Devialet Phantom I 108dB Gold in my main system.

They are a good upgrade to my ears in my listening space. The titanium tweeter adds that bit of shimmer that makes music listening that much more enjoyable. The added processing power appears to tighten the bass. I certainly see the woofers dancing more than the Premiers. The increased power output allows for much more headroom. In addition, the matte finish with gold highlights is beautiful.

These upgrades, while welcome, isn't to say this is a huge upgrade. I find once a sound system reaches a certain level of hi-fidelity, at some point the investment vs. value proposition in sound improvement proves to be less value. There are a couple staple pieces of gear in my system that greatly contribute to sound quality: the miniDSP-SHD Studio (for full Dirac digital room correction) and the Mutec MC-3+ USB (jitter reclocking... there is absolutely no noise floor and no listening fatigue). Every component in the system works together.

In addition, the entire system is hard wired. I don't use the wireless capability of the Phantoms because doing so would bypass the two above noted components. It would also increase latency when watching television. The Phantoms are connected via direct optical and ethernet.

I've been into music and audio gear over four decades. Have enjoyed it all. Started off with a mono lo-fidelity Radio Shack cassette tape player when I was 10 years old.

I hope the above is useful to some assembling a Phantom system. Post a reply with comments or questions and I'll do my best to reply in a timely fashion... I'll be busy listening to music. Cheers.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i