Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Elevate - 1 reactor 900 to...???
Received the email about the Devialet Elevate program.

In addition to my Expert Pro 440, and Gemini earbuds...I have a reactor 900 in the garage gym.

Would it be better to just get another Reactor 900 (which I now see they call 400w RMS...lol) for $1400 and have STEREO, or spend $1430 and upgrade to the Phantom I?

I assume the Phantom I is the same full size Phantom, right?  I just wish they had some matte or all white Phantoms...no gold, or silver.  Just keep it simple. 

Thoughts? 

Would it be worth $1430 to upgrade to just ONE Phantom for the gym?  The reactor 900 does well...as I'm never really blasting it.  But I think it would provide some added weight to the low end at lower volume levels.

Let me know your thoughts...and the Reactor has been seamless...no issues.  Have they fixed all the Phantom issues I've heard about in the past?  

Thank you!
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)
(22-Apr-2021, 21:41)SoCalB Wrote: Received the email about the Devialet Elevate program.

In addition to my Expert Pro 440, and Gemini earbuds...I have a reactor 900 in the garage gym.

Would it be better to just get another Reactor 900 (which I now see they call 400w RMS...lol) for $1400 and have STEREO, or spend $1430 and upgrade to the Phantom I?

I assume the Phantom I is the same full size Phantom, right?  I just wish they had some matte or all white Phantoms...no gold, or silver.  Just keep it simple. 

Thoughts? 

Would it be worth $1430 to upgrade to just ONE Phantom for the gym?  The reactor 900 does well...as I'm never really blasting it.  But I think it would provide some added weight to the low end at lower volume levels.

Let me know your thoughts...and the Reactor has been seamless...no issues.  Have they fixed all the Phantom issues I've heard about in the past?  

Thank you!

It is always better in stereo in my opinion.  I am fairly certain if given the choice between two reactors and a single gold I would go with the two reactors based on sound alone.  Similarly, I’d go with two Sonos Play1 versus a single Play5 or however the equivalent is marketed today.
(22-Apr-2021, 22:03)JDtheJD Wrote:
(22-Apr-2021, 21:41)SoCalB Wrote: Received the email about the Devialet Elevate program.

Thoughts? 

Thank you!

It is always better in stereo in my opinion.  I am fairly certain if given the choice between two reactors and a single gold I would go with the two reactors based on sound alone.  Similarly, I’d go with two Sonos Play1 versus a single Play5 or however the equivalent is marketed today.

Thank you....kind of what I was thinking.  I haven't paid much attention to the Phantom line in years.  Got my Reactor 900 right when it came out.  Doesn't make much sense to only get $730 credit for my 900 to only get a much larger Phantom. 

If anything, I will just wait and get another reactor 900 at some point.  Or...if they do a matte white or all white phantom could look at an upgrade there.

In the end...LOVE my Expert Pro 440 with Kef R11's, and JL audio Sub...and do MOST of my listening there. 

Thank you@JDtheJD
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)