Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert 250 Pro vs. Devialet Expert 1000 Pro
Hello dear Devialet user   Heart

Except maximum power handling off course Smile what else are the (practical) big differences between an Expert 250 Pro setup - that I own one myself and I'm really happy with - and an Expert 1000 Pro setup?

Looking forward to hear from you all.

Kind regards,

Sjors from Holland
Expert 1000 Pro has better specifications for distortion and signal-to-noise, but I believe that the difference is not noticeable for a normal person.
On the other hand, the difference in power can bring an improvement in sound quality, depending on the characteristics of the speakers used (even at low volumes). The difference is not a big one, so it's hard to decide if it's worth the investment or not.
There s a cleat audible difference between the 250 and 1000. The detail delivered, particularly at the top end, is superb. Of course there is much more power but that gives you more control over the volume you wish to use. At no point on my system has the power actually been “painful” or “overwhelming”, it just goes up and up with no loss of clarity until you submit to the immersive wall of sound.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
With 220/440 the difference is much more than just double the power.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

The 1000pro is better. But the 250 is great on its own. Like always, you simply have to try it in your own system. I was a bit underwhelmed at first until I tried it with a better cable between them. So, if you try another 250, make sure to use a decent digital cable.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
It's not just power. I had the D-250 for years before I bought another one. Better imaging - no surprisingly - as you have left/right totally separate including the DAC. More dynamic presentation even at lower volumes.
Whether that is the best-spent X thousand euros on your system, it is hard to tell without knowing the rest of the system.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
(26-Dec-2022, 13:45)George680 Wrote: Hello dear Devialet user   Heart

Except maximum power handling off course Smile what else are the (practical) big differences between an Expert 250 Pro setup - that I own one myself and I'm really happy with - and an Expert 1000 Pro setup?

Looking forward to hear from you all.

Kind regards,

Sjors from Holland

I would recommend you to first of all, that is if you haven’t already, prioritize a really good power conditioner to go with your existing D250. You will be amazed at what the amplifier is capable of when plugged into a high quality power conditioner/manager. That step would definitely be something I would consider making before buying an additional D250.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
Music 
Thanks! for your really helpful input  Shy
I also went from a 250 Pro to a 1000 Pro. The 1000 Pro does sound more refined and detailed. The master-companion digital interconnect affects the sound tremendously. If you set up your master-companion interconnect, power cables, and source input cables to avoid ground loops and maximize galvanic isolation between amps, the left-right separation is great, and you can get a very 3-dimensional sound.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
(12-Jan-2023, 10:03)hardcore Wrote: I also went from a 250 Pro to a 1000 Pro. The 1000 Pro does sound more refined and detailed. The master-companion digital interconnect affects the sound tremendously. If you set up your master-companion interconnect, power cables, and source input cables to avoid ground loops and maximize galvanic isolation between amps, the left-right separation is great, and you can get a very 3-dimensional sound.

Thanks hardcore for your input  Smile