Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert 400. No ETH option
Exclamation 
Hello,
Bought a set of these secondhand, wondering how to get the ethernet working. It is setup in the Expert configurator and enabled but don't see the ETH source when they config files are loaded. Doesn't have the ETH input when on factory config either.

Do I need to upgrade to the Pro 440 to use the streaming?
A 200 or 400 should be able to stream via ethernet just fine. Do you use Roon or something else? If Roon, then Roon’s implementation of AIR will work perfectly. If not, then you’ll need to use the Devialet AIR driver. There is one for Window and Mac although not for the most recent versions of IOS on Mac I believe.

Given that Devialet’s AIR drivers are a bit flaky at times, I’d suggest going with Roon and using AIR if you really want to stream via ethernet. It works flawlessly.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(08-May-2021, 23:08)koidev400 Wrote: Hello,
Bought a set of these secondhand, wondering how to get the ethernet working. It is setup in the Expert configurator and enabled but don't see the ETH source when they config files are loaded. Doesn't have the ETH input when on factory config either.

Do I need to upgrade to the Pro 440 to use the streaming?

I'd try each 200 as separate amplifiers first to check. Maybe the ethernet port of one is broken? Use one that works as master for a 400 config.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB