Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert Pro - MQA support
(07-Aug-2022, 08:04)Confused Wrote: MQA themselves are very opaque about this.

MQA themselves deliberately made it opaque and continue to do so, citing the need to protect intellectual property.  They have refused to allow the MQA process to be measured properly and actively tried to discredit Golden Sound themselves and through their proxies.  The supreme irony is that their proxy on ASR (Amir, the emperor of measurements), posted that measurements are not everything and thus Golden Sound should not be believed.

P/s not a patreon, not associated in any way with Golden Sound.
I am somewhat astounded that MQA is still discussed. I thought that this diversion from enjoying music is passe
Perhaps not with Devialet; I was reading about the new Aurender A15 and MQA features heavily in their spec/ promo materials - https://aurender.com/a15/
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
Its much the same as some "remasterted" recordings (mainly recent ones) that have only had a touch of equilisation added. Sure they sound a bit crisper and detailed, but so do the originals when played via a media player (example JRiver) that allows individual frequencies to be altered at the touch of a mouse

These don't cost any extra
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
I've recently cancelled my Tidal subscription. They've been heading in the wrong direction for years now, IMO.

Just Qobuz alone for me. The catalogue is there now, and they do hi-res the sensible, universal way.
1000 Pro / Magico A5 / REL Studio III
(14-Aug-2022, 08:16)devianet Wrote: I've recently cancelled my Tidal subscription. They've been heading in the wrong direction for years now, IMO.

Just Qobuz alone for me. The catalogue is there now, and they do hi-res the sensible, universal way.

Me too!
In case anyone is still interested, get a DDC that can decode MQA to connect between PC and Devialet. I am using a Gustard U18, it decodes the MQA layer and send to DAC, not perfect decode of MQA, which is not possible without a MQA DAC (which Devialet is not), but it still decodes most of the MQA and sound quality is good.

It is funny the Gustard U18 is never advertised as MQA compatible, it just happens to be MQA compatible because the chipset it uses decode MQA. It won't advertise itself as MQA compatible because it will have to pay patent fee otherwise, chinese stuff ...... it is dirt cheap anyway compared to the Devialet.
I switched from Tidal to Qobuz because the Expert Pro cannot decode MQA. Qobuz streams high resolution files without MQA, and the music sounds great on the Expert Pro.
Totally agree there…… Qobus & Devialet Expert Pro are a fantastic combination! Using together with Audirvana Studio 🥰🥰
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives
(05-Dec-2022, 20:14)Dougiet Wrote: Totally agree there…… Qobus & Devialet Expert Pro are a fantastic combination! Using together with Audirvana Studio 🥰🥰

Totally agree! Beside that I am using it with Roon  Cool Shy
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany