Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert Pro & Tidal
Thumbs Down 
I have some problem with my Expert pro and Tidal. I have already report the case to Devialet  since more that one & half year they are not able to manage and solve it, or they forgot.
Angry So now they told me that if i want to use Tidal i have to use a third party App like Audirvana, Roon(Upnp) or USB cable to listen the music.

The problem is therefore that when you switch from one track to another (very random sometimes it is after 5 or 10 times and other times once or twice), you will no longer get sound at the output of your speakers.
To fix the problem, you need to turn off Devialet Air on Mac (test was done at home with 3 Mac) or PC and go back to Devialet Air and the sound comes back.

No one else has this problem and reported it to Devialet?

FYI, they gave me a free subscription to use Roon for a year. After a little over a year & Hal now, I have received information from them recently that I need to subscribe to Roon, Audirvana or use a USB cable.

I think if a lot of people report this problem to Devialet they will definitely take action and fix this bug.
My advice; sign up to Roon and don't look back. AIR has only ever worked properly when it was introduced as a Mac only option in the D-Premier. That's about ten years ago now. If you're willing to wait another ten years because you have the right of a working product, go ahead. It'll be a frustrating wait tough.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I'll second @Pim.

I don't think Devialet are interested in fixing the bug. If they can rely on other companies' software to let you access Tidal or some other service or function successfully, then that means they don't have to provide access to that service or function themselves and they seem to see that as a good thing for them even if it isn't a good thing for you.

In addition Devialet have a long history of taking years to fix bugs in their software. You can wait for Devialet to fix their AIR app but you've already waited 18 months and AIR was a problem long before you started waiting. They still haven't completely fixed the bug with gigabit ethernet connections that came when they made the Expert Pros with the CI board Roon Ready which I think happened in December 2018. Devialet make great hardware but their software is definitely not up to the same standard as their hardware.

You can wait if you like but as Pim said, "It'll be a frustrating wait". Use a different company's solution, those solutions are available now and they work. Even if Devialet do issue a bug fix there's no guarantee that it will totally fix the problem (their last FW update improved things on the gigabit ethernet/RAAT front but didn't fix it entirely). Waiting for a fix from Devialet is not going to give you trouble free Tidal right now and that's what you want. If you want trouble free Tidal right now then you've got no choice but to use someone else's software to provide that and a number of options are available. Just pick the one that suits you best.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia