Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Expert Firmware (non CI) with amazing new features released!
The active Versions of the spirits have used Trinnov to do the crossovers , fix phase , impulse , group delay issues.. the simplistic devialet filters cant do that. You might be able to kludge a solution with devialet however it woint be optimal.
I did consider biamping (and try) but it doesnt work out as well as using one premier amp on them especially if you need to correct gains on dissimilar amps
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(02-Jun-2018, 19:57)Rodney Gold Wrote: The active Versions of the spirits have used Trinnov to do the crossovers , fix phase , impulse , group delay  issues.. the simplistic devialet filters cant do that. You might be able to kludge a solution with devialet however it woint be optimal.
I did consider biamping (and try) but it doesnt work out as well as using one premier amp on them especially if you need to correct gains on dissimilar amps

Looking back at the photo taken at the demo, is the Trinnov the black box on the floor on the left hand side? It sure looks like there's either a very long USB cable going from the Dj's Mac to the Devialet's or the box on the floor is connected but from there on it still only uses a thin cable. I would assume if that box was a Trinnov, it would at least have 6 cables going to the D's.

Or is the Trinnov just hidden? 

P.S. I don't even know why I'm asking these questions because if I wanted to buy one of these systems I would have to sell my house and set it up in a tent  Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Jun-2018, 12:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote: As for the ‘6 stack active Devialet system’, there have been some bargains to be had the past months with a dealer selling six 250 Pro CI’s quite cheaply. The reason - someone didn’t like the exact system mentioned above. Can’t be that great.....

Well actually it was a 8 stack active system of 800's and was upgraded by the dealer to Pro CI status, I know because my brother, myself and a friend bought 3 of them and were told how much the system that replaced it cost (a lot)
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
“They began life as D-Premiers in 2009 which were upgraded to D240, then D250, then 250 Pro in November 2016 with the Core Infinity upgrade being carried out late last year. The previous owner upgraded his loudspeakers and amplifiers prior to the release of the Core Infinity upgrade, so we kept the amplifiers here and had them upgraded later. “

Is what I was told, so I guess they were 250pro/1000pro.

Maybe it was 8. And of course what they upgraded to was much better and much much more expensive. That’s a dealers job......

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-Jun-2018, 10:23)Hifi_swlon Wrote: “They began life as D-Premiers in 2009 which were upgraded to D240, then D250, then 250 Pro in November 2016 with the Core Infinity upgrade being carried out late last year.  The previous owner upgraded his loudspeakers and amplifiers prior to the release of the Core Infinity upgrade, so we kept the amplifiers here and had them upgraded later. “

Is what I was told, so I guess they were 250pro/1000pro.

Maybe it was 8. And of course what they upgraded to was much better and much much more expensive. That’s a dealers job......

The previous owner had 9 I was told, 1 for another system. Nice.
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
Bet it was fun updating the firmware and configs. Although I guess at that level the PA/dealer probably does it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Seems like the newly appointed Devialet Expert team answered this pretty conclusively at the Oxford Audio event last week:

There will be no further development for the Expert line other than for Core Infinity based Expert Pros.

That is, no further firmware or feature updates for even one generation back, despite it being sold as a product that would evolve with twice yearly updates. Also tallies with Quentin Sanniés comments in the CI factory tour video, where he stated that it was too expensive for them to develop for two platforms, hence the move to CI, to put the Experts on the same platform as Phantoms. So much for the EVO platform and the ‘no planned obsolescence’ mantra sold with all Experts.

Feel bad for Non-Pro Experts or D premier owners. Those that can afford it and want to stick with Devialet and want new features would be advised to upgrade when the program reopens. Might even be worth it for resale.

I’m sure some people will chime in with the old line of ‘the amplifiers still work and sound as great as they did when they were sold’. But that’s not really the point.

(15-Jul-2018, 12:45)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Seems like the newly appointed Devialet Expert team answered this pretty conclusively at the Oxford Audio event last week:

There will be no further development for the Expert line other than for Core Infinity based Expert Pros.

That is, no further firmware or feature updates for even one generation back, despite it being sold as a product that would evolve with twice yearly updates.  Also tallies with Quentin Sanniés comments in the CI factory tour video, where he stated that it was too expensive for them to develop for two platforms, hence the move to CI, to put the Experts on the same platform as Phantoms. So much for the EVO platform and the ‘no planned obsolescence’ mantra sold with all Experts.

Feel bad for Non-Pro Experts or D premier owners. Those that can afford it and want to stick with Devialet and want new features would be advised to upgrade when the program reopens. Might even be worth it for resale.

I’m sure some people will chime in with the old line of  ‘the amplifiers still work and sound as great as they did when they were sold’.  But that’s not really the point.
@Hifi_swlon Thanks for this confirmation of what I had thought.  Disappointing to say the least.  I'll probably upgrade when the program re-launches but have not made a final decision.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.