Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Gold Delay (& strategic thoughts on the company overall)
(19-Jul-2016, 18:39)dkoretz Wrote: I'd like to think they are just young and immature as a company, not silly enough to think of this as a playbook.

What bothers me more is not Devialet but the retail traders who have supported their products for years. I can empathise with the initial hype of an innovation but, after two years, it is also fair from a consumer to expect a decent portion of professional skepticism from the reseller.
Hey folks. These are just speakers. They are incredible speakers. We are not talking about some life saving medicine. Quite frankly, get a life. There are more important issues in the World than bitching about this. Honestly....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(20-Jul-2016, 06:10)Bobbybina Wrote: Hey folks. These are just speakers. They are incredible speakers. We are not talking about some life saving medicine. Quite frankly, get a life. There are more important issues in the World than bitching about this. Honestly....

+1
This forum is about speakers. And amplifiers. Not about life saving medicine or the world. So don't miss the point!
(20-Jul-2016, 09:17)dmitrek Wrote: This forum is about speakers. And amplifiers. Not about life saving medicine or the world. So don't miss the point!

Hear Hear!!Exactly !

We are all expecting the new golds - they led us t this, no one else. They have shot themselves in the foot for sure.

Sure hope this product is worth all the frustration. We have to  be honest even though its not PC - they are French !
(20-Jul-2016, 11:50)bimbo Wrote: We have to  be honest even though its not PC - they are French !

And your point is?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Yeah, right on, bloomin' French. I'd rather they'd never even invented ADH technology in the first place, if they're not going to give us improvements to it when they promised. And don't get me started on the French Space Programme... they could really learn a thing or two from the British on that one.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(20-Jul-2016, 06:10)Bobbybina Wrote: Hey folks. These are just speakers. They are incredible speakers. We are not talking about some life saving medicine. Quite frankly, get a life. There are more important issues in the World than bitching about this. Honestly....

You are trolling a forum for people that obviously care enough about the brand to watch what the company is doing and invest a considerable amount of money in supporting that brand.

Maybe we are different, but I value my time and money...

Just because this is not curing cancer doesn't give them a pass on consistently lying to their consumer (and let's be clear... if every single time you make a statement it turns out not to be true, then you are either incompetent or a liar.).
Wow.

Not sure what is going on internally but if it is a production issue, may be they should outsource the manufacturing to China and focus on their core strengths which are R&D and design. This is exactly what Apple has been doing for ages. Why waste your talents on low end work?