Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devialet OdA / D1000 pro battle – V5 vs V6
(17-Oct-2016, 17:35)Soniclife Wrote: Amazing work. Sounds an impressive methodology, and listeners, and a lot of hard work.

I've rarely seen a clear statistical improvement from tests like this, but you seem to have done it. It's a real challenge to the, all competent amplifiers that are accurately level matched and operating within their limits sound the same crowd.

Very good point, and agreed - this does actually tell us quite a lot.  I have tried blind testing and it is a lot harder that you (or rather someone who has not tried) might imagine.  Having said that, I am not surprised by the result.  Thinking back to my audition of the 1000 Pro, I was not confident that I could separate it much from a D800.  After about two or three tracks of listening it was very clear the 1000 Pro was a step up, it's an impressive beast I think.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-Oct-2016, 17:08)SwissBear Wrote: Hi Markus,
Thanks for this very interesting review.
Could you kindly precise the firmware version of the OdA ?
Thanks in advance.

10.05 on both
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
Hi Markus
A note to simply add my " Thanks a lot " for the time you spent sharing this with the community. Even though I will (unfortunately) never own an OdA (my favorite) or a 1000 Pro, I believe that the information you provide gives very good reasons to consider -one day- a D200 To D220 pro evolution.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(17-Oct-2016, 17:59)Mka Wrote:
(17-Oct-2016, 17:08)SwissBear Wrote: Hi Markus,
Thanks for this very interesting review.
Could you kindly precise the firmware version of the OdA ?
Thanks in advance.

10.05 on both
Thank you Markus. Very interesting. So what you are pointing at is real hardware improvement Smile
Thank you very much Markus. Hope to hear the new Pro range soon in comparison to a D200 and a D400. But if the jump in SQ is anything in the line of more emotional music delivery, I am very tempted. Bit concerned about the remarks about the way you perceived jazz music, as I listen to quite a lot next to mostly classical.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
These findings are all the more interesting since Devialet told us that the biggest improvement between the Od'A and Od'A PRO was the OS board.  Huh

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(17-Oct-2016, 18:10)GuillaumeB Wrote: These findings are all the more interesting since Devialet told us that the biggest improvement between the Od'A and Od'A PRO was the OS board.  Huh

Guillaume

If true this means the OS board is going to be absolutely epic! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thanks Markus for sharing your experience!!! Very helpful for some of us who are still ambivalent in making the upgrade decision.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(17-Oct-2016, 15:46)Mka Wrote: By the way I will elaborate on the point, that the differences where much more pronounced via the Magico V2s.
Thanks Markus,
I am interested in the above point. I have a pair of SF Amati Futura and a D-250 expert and I am trying to figure out where to spend my money:  upgrading to 250Pro, to 800 or to 250 Pro and eventually 1000Pro (through second hand 250 and then update). It would  be most valuable for me to get your impression of the Amati
thanks
Marco
(17-Oct-2016, 18:10)GuillaumeB Wrote: These findings are all the more interesting since Devialet told us that the biggest improvement between the Od'A and Od'A PRO was the OS board.  Huh

Guillaume

Guillaume,

You posted some time ago you had some Constellation gear on trial and, if I remember right, you said the Od'A was 90% there for 50% of the money. Considering the increased sound quality from 800 to Od'A, if the Pro would provide the same leap, would you consider to be 100% there?

I'm very well aware this is just a bit hypothetical.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.