Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Open Day @ HiFi Lounge July 25th, Come and Hear Phantom!
[Image: banner-hfl-devialet-openday_1_zps7hgxminh.jpg]

Hi All,

It’s unusual for us to do 2 open days over 2 weekends, one after the other, but I really can’t wait to be able to give everyone a chance to hear Devialet’s new wireless speaker, Phantom, as it really is something else, so we have arranged a Devialet Open Day the weekend after our Boys Toys Day for July 25th with representatives at HiFi Lounge from Devialet to help answer your Devialet Phantom and Expert questions.

We will be focusing mainly on Phantom, so showing it in its one speaker configuration or as a stereo pair system + you will be able to compare the White Phantom against the more powerful Silver Phantom, I don’t want to overstate how good the Phantom is but I really can assure you that you will be quite amazed how such a small and stylish piece of electronics can sound this good, you really would have never seen or heard anything like it before.

Being that it is a Devialet day I would like to also run various expert systems including Dual Mono setups of the 400 and 800 using our Aurender transports for sources with SAM running, we will plan a timetable of events nearer the time and will update this blog accordingly as it would be nice to have a RAM demo also to show how easy it is to alter turntable cartridge parameters on the fly with Devialet’s new firmware but we’ll have to see how the day pans out as I can see Phantom stealing the show.

Back to Phantom, I was lucky enough to hear a stereo Silver Phantom setup last week, below are my initial impressions, to say I was impressed was an understatement.  

http://hifilounge.tumblr.com/post/121283...-long-last

We are expecting our Phantom stock around the end of June so if you can’t make the open day please feel free to come in anytime for a listen but if you can make the open day it would be great to see you on July 25th for a day to enjoy all things Devialet. As normal we will be offering refreshments throughout the day and we will have plenty of Phantoms in stock if you wanted to take one home on the day, I know some people are not going to be able to resist once they have heard it, I have already ordered my one :-)

More news about the days schedule once I have it, If you would like to attend could you please fire me over an e-mail to paul@hifilounge.co.uk so we know how many to expect, thanks.

If you are wondering where HiFi Lounge is please see below for a link to our Visit Us page -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/index.php?route=...on/visitus

Below is a link to Devialet on our website + a few pictures from a Devialet event we attended earlier this week.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/devialet

[Image: IMG_1757_zps3vq3u2bn.jpg]

The Standard Phantom rated at 750 Watts

[Image: IMG_1737_zpsxtgqxa7o.jpg]

The Silver Phantom rated at 3000 Watts

[Image: IMG_1753_zpswbnx5pis.jpg]

Devialet Expert 400 and 800 Systems

[Image: devialet-400-slide_zpsntbylzqf.jpg]

[Image: devialet-800-slide_zps4cym1fcf.jpg]

Hope to see you on July 25th,

Cheers,

Paul.
Hi All,

I just wanted to say that if anyone is thinking of coming along could you please fire me over an e-mail to paul@hifilounge.co.uk so we know how many to expect, thanks.

Cheers,
Paul.
Hi All,

So now that our Boys Toys open day is a very happy memory it is on to the next open day this Saturday, which I am equally excited about as Devialet have really given us something quite special with their Phantom Speakers, I have done many demo’s since getting them in at HiFi Lounge a couple of weeks ago and everyone’s response is the same, the look of amazement really is priceless :-) so if you would like to experience something new and exciting in HiFi please feel free to come along.

The weather is looking good again so the plan is to have coffee and croissants for breakfast then fire up the BBQ for lunch :-) We will be running a Stereo Silver pair of Phantoms as well as a single White Phantom along with an Expert 400 and probably the PMC Twenty.26’s and an Expert 120 with PMC’s Twenty.23’s. We will be using the Aurender N100 and X100 as sources on the Expert Amps as well as Michell Engineerings new Orbe SE-R turntable, this is the only one in existence at the moment and really does look and sound the part.

Joachim from Devialet will be on hand to answer any questions and help run the day, if you’d like to come along please let me know on paul@hifilounge.co.uk

Hope to see you on Saturday,

Cheers,

Paul.
Devialet Phantom Is Coming!

[Image: IMG_1507_zpsgu7bttbp.jpg]

Hi All,

I just thought I would take a quick break for setting up for tomorrow’s open day to finalise what we will be running, after much deliberation on how to best show Phantom and Expert we have decided to split it over the 2 shops.

Firstly it looks like the Phantoms have scuttled over to the Headphone shop :-) so we will have a stereo pair of Silver Phantoms running over there along with a single white Phantom.

In the HiFi Shop we will have downstairs a Devialet 120 with PMC Twenty.23′s and a Rega RP6 along with Aurender N100 for digital and Tidal.

In our main demo room upstairs we have taken the ‘Go Big or Go Home’ approach and have decided to run the PMC MB2 SE’s, as they now have a SAM profile, with a Devialet 400, Michell Engineerings new Orbe SE-R and Aurender X100, so plenty to keep everyone entertained :-)

Now all we need is for this rain to stop so that we can all enjoy a BBQ tomorrow :-)

[Image: IMG_2149_zpsbrlxytc6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2150_zpsxvssfqcb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2154_zpsrzjlouva.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2157_zpsal0rld3o.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2158_zpsjbuykudf.jpg]

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Cheers,

Paul.
Phantom Ready To Rock!

Hi All Again,

Just finished setting up Phantom in the headphone shop, really interesting as they sound very different round there, a far more open and articulate sound, maybe loosing a little bass but with Phantom there is plenty of bass to spare anyway.

Anyone who is coming tomorrow and wants to hear Phantom, make sure you get us to play Fanfare For The Common Man, Spectacular :-)

The weather is supposed to improve, fingers crossed or I’ll be eating BBQ food all year at home :-)

Cheers,

Paul.

[Image: IMG_2159_zps57sjtch6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2161_zpsgme2xxlt.jpg]