Poll: Are you satisfied with your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
86.36%
57 86.36%
No
3.03%
2 3.03%
Still Undecided
10.61%
7 10.61%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet - Overall Satisfaction
Humble suggestion on this poll (dont get me wrong here) but I would have put more comments like ...

YES (Everything is perfect, No Issues on AIR drops, Noise, );
No (Have more than 3 issues, have remote issues, have some defect etc)
Not decided (<not getting ideas Smile maybe SQ is good when it plays for example but have issues listed in '1'>)

I voted on '3'
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Yes for me when it comes to music reproduction and this have the biggest weight in my view HOWEVER it would be nice to have an option saying, 'Yes I am happy with some parts and others not' because that is how I experience things. Software issues is one bad thing of course.

The product line is incomplete in functionality but sound wise superb.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I bought my first one in 2011.
It was brilliant.
I bought a second one when the on-line configurator was launched and it became possible to do a configuration myself on the internet rather than specifying to Devialet what one wanted the configuration to be.
The dual-mono was brilliant.
I fitted wifi hardware modules to both mine when they were available. They were free issue to existing owners (this was made clear before buying the first one).
V1 Air had some teething troubles but once I discovered that getting a good signal strength with the solid cast case was a question of carefully moving the wifi access point to an optimum position and after setting my wifi channel to one nobody else in range was using plus some firmware updates it worked fine.

When they produced the new "orange" website most of the interesting information and ease of navigating was gone. It has been rubbish ever since IMO, very disappointing.

When V2 Air appeared with quite different functionality it was less stable than V1, and lost some of the potential of Air IMO, so a second disappointment.

The various new on line configurators have offered absolutely nothing needed which was not in the original, and the latest one doesn't work properly, with both problems with some browsers and dual mono configurations. A third disappointment.

I bought a pair of Silver Phantoms because I have had an interest in loudspeaker concepts for 50 years and the Phantom resolves almost all the inherent problems of loudspeakers elegantly in one design.
The Dialog runs very hot and mine lose their setup within 3 to 4 hours listening and the whole setup procedure has to be re-done, not forgetting to do a hardware reset in the right order.
Interested to read that Streamy has found his work well with Qobuz, but I am old fashioned and like to own a copyright-paid copy of all the music I listen to, and Spark works poorly for playing back files from my computer, being sometimes OK on CD rips but HD stuff failing completely after a second or two. The SQ of the optical input to one of the Phantoms is superb but they don't play long before one channel stops.
So admiring the engineering of the speakers so far but not the software. A fourth (big) disappointment.

So, for me, Devialet are mainly going backwards. Their first product was absolutely brilliant but subsequent updates have been one step forward two steps back, or even 3 steps back. In fact the only step forward has been SAM IMO, which I can't use Smile

So I am still delighted by the sound quality of my 800, though I do not believe it is notably, if any, better than a pair of D-Premiers, and almost everything Devialet have done since the big injection of capital and change in marketing emphasis has been backwards.
I voted yes, but at the current rate of negative improvement that may change...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(23-Mar-2015, 14:35)f1eng Wrote: So I am still delighted by the sound quality of my 800, though I do not believe it is notably, if any, better than a pair of D-Premiers, and almost everything Devialet have done since the big injection of capital and change in marketing emphasis has been backwards.

This sums up the Devialet history and current position perfectly. I agree with it all, except for me it culminates in a no (because Frank has sensibly ditched AIR and I have stubbornly persisted with it!).
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(23-Mar-2015, 15:12)IanG-UK Wrote:
(23-Mar-2015, 14:35)f1eng Wrote: So I am still delighted by the sound quality of my 800, though I do not believe it is notably, if any, better than a pair of D-Premiers, and almost everything Devialet have done since the big injection of capital and change in marketing emphasis has been backwards.

This sums up the Devialet history and current position perfectly. I agree with it all, except for me it culminates in a no (because Frank has sensibly ditched AIR and I have stubbornly persisted with it!).

IanG-UK, you have a very nice system (Devialet 800 + Magico speakers).  Why don't you just invest in a real nice DAC-less digital streamer like the Aurender X100L or even the Bryston BDP-2 and just forget about AIR?

I'm using my Bryston BDP-2 digital player and the combo sounds amazing!  Heart
Given the lack luster software and buggy AIR implementation, I voted “still undecided”.

As a newcomer to the Devialet scene, I did my homework before jumping onboard. Over the last two years, I’ve closely followed their progess and witnessed their rise to being the talk of the town with their new range of more affordable products like the 120 and 200. After reading the glowing reviews, I tested the waters and jumped in by purchasing a 120 model.

Funny thing is when I first borrowed a unit from my local dealer for a extended home demo, I used AIR-ETH for the entire weekend and never had issues with dropouts or crackling/distortion like noises. I borrowed the same unit again before purchasing mine and no issues at all.

Perhaps I’ve not set up my network properly, but it would seem that running an ethernet cable to and from the switch and turning on the AIR app on the computer is all that would be required. I never used the wireless option as I had planned to use a switch all along.

Therefore I don't use AIR for the time being but it would be expected to have all options working so I can make my own comparisons on which method sounds best to me.

I know, I can purchase a streamer but I consider this an added expensive that should not be required to listen to music. If I did elect to upgrade to a DAC-less streamer, it should not be because the software/firmware is not working on a product I spend a decent amount of money on.

As much as I hate to admit it, I feel I’ve purchased an expensive “lifestyle” product. I was sold on the idea of a company who seemed to have a great range of products, functional software, an almost endless upgrade path via firmware and that would be somewhat futureproof but this is not the case, in my opinion.

I hope they do set aside resources to solve these issues sooner than later.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
(23-Mar-2015, 16:37)samurai7595 Wrote:

IanG-UK, you have a very nice system (Devialet 800 + Magico speakers).  Why don't you just invest in a real nice DAC-less digital streamer like the Aurender X100L or even the Bryston BDP-2 and just forget about AIR?

I'm using my Bryston BDP-2 digital player and the combo sounds amazing!  Heart

I think he will have considered this, but AIR should work. It is one of the Devialets selling points that I was really keen on.
For me the 6k was a significant sum. i looked at the 120 originally and decided to stretch myself for the 200. So for me funds are limited for a while. The AIR was going to give me time to get funds for a decent streamer if that is the way I decided to go. Indeed there are a lot of users who dont use a streamer at all and this is with good speakers so I was keen to look at this too.

I think Ian has had a bloody rough ride off Devialet
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Perhaps there is some advantage in wading in to the shallow end of the pool, but I am thrilled with my D120. I did not use the previous web site or configuration interface, and I'm not streaming more than CD rips and Rdio.

I need a more enthusiastic 'yes' button; something with stars, or fireworks, or ' yes, with knobs on' (whatever that means). Or 'better than foie gras on a warm croissant'. Or Pino Grigio with Pecorino on rosemary crackers.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm coming from three years of streaming and connection aggravation with Naim. So even though I am completely satisfied, I know what this kind of problem can do to your feeling about a product. I'm not always happy and using food analogies; I posted plenty of angry messages on the other forum, and along with many others, had replies that consisted largely of 'its your network' or 'its your cable/ router/ ISP' etc.

It does seem that there are a lot of similarities among those with noise and drop out issues. I hope that Devialet takes the situation seriously, and puts some resources towards resolving the problems.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(23-Mar-2015, 18:43)Damon Wrote: Perhaps there is some advantage in wading in to the shallow end of the pool, but I am thrilled with my D120. I did not use the previous web site or configuration interface, and I'm not streaming more than CD rips and Rdio.

I need a more enthusiastic 'yes' button; something with stars, or fireworks, or ' yes, with knobs on' (whatever that means). Or 'better than foie gras on a warm croissant'. Or Pino Grigio with Pecorino on rosemary crackers.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm coming from three years of streaming and connection aggravation with Naim. So even though I am completely satisfied, I know what this kind of problem can do to your feeling about a product. I'm not always happy and using food analogies; I posted plenty of angry messages on the other forum, and along with many others, had replies that consisted largely of 'its your network' or 'its your cable/ router/ ISP' etc.

It does seem that there are a lot of similarities among those with noise and drop out issues. I hope that Devialet takes the situation seriously, and puts some resources towards resolving the problems.

+1, completely agree.

Since Frank has mentioned the "m" word, I'll add that I'd be much less irritated with Devialet as a company if their marketing was less full of hubris.  Frankly (sorry!), they could do with turning it down a couple of notches and admitting that they've got quite a few things wrong.  If they're going to try to emulate Apple or B&O, they have to have the obsessive attention to detail to pull it off, and that doesn't seem to be the case just now.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK