Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet P Square (Phantom Platinum) - Why so serious?
After having Gold Phantoms for a reasonable amount of time, I have realised that it is time for me to get the Platinum version. Yes, they are more expensive and with all new drivers they are much more quite than my Golds but one thing I can tell for sure they are worth the upgrade (especially since I got them). 
After listening to them for straight 5 hours, they are for sure less fatiguing than my Gold Phantom (Yes, I know I said the same, when I moved up from Whites to Silver to Gold and now to Platinum.. but hey.. if I do not feel so then Devialet is terribly failing at playing me)

All kidding aside, heard Gold and of course not exactly the same place / environment as my Silvers but I do not think any body needs to jump the gun for an exchange.

Keep listening to some more music your current set up.. it is more awesome than you might think!
Devialet Expert Pro CI 220 + Marantz SR7013 | Kef Reference 201/2 R200c E305 E301 (5.1.4) |
Marantz Consolette |
Can't wait for the Kryptonite Phantom due 2018 !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saving for my Phantom Diamonds. Probably need to sell one of my kidneys for a pair.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
I want one with adamantium woofers!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I'm hoping for unobtainium tweeters.
Unobtainium?
(13-Sep-2016, 13:47)Gremlin Wrote: Unobtainium?

No no, Unobtainium would be silly ......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamantium
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Unobtainium is great if you can get it.
(13-Sep-2016, 16:07)nigelb001 Wrote: Unobtainium is great if you can get it.

I checked with Devialet support, they advised that their engineers are working very hard on the issue and Unobtainium is coming soon.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Im pretty sure unobtanium is unobtainable
Whereas reallyhardtogetium is .............well you know.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2