Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Phantom rip-off?
[Image: b4efd525e02f4bcf2ea96f7f18c50b3c.jpg]
I saw this old photo of a vintage Weltron eight-track and radio player and thought the speaker pinholes and form factor sure looked like the Phantom! Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Not quite the same
[Image: devialet-phantom-i-108-db-tradlos-hoyttaler-gull.jpg]
There are many spherical speakers that are more similar, such as the Elipson Planet L. 

[Image: 6cc17c717e538fb47a2455c0ad74667d-1200-80.jpg]
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have a 1950’s electric heater that looks a bit like the OPs player. Made in Checkoslovakia
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds