Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Products will be build by foxconn ?
https://twitter.com/devialet/status/803595090526490626

If it's true it's really sad.
Sounds like investment at this stage but who knows where it could lead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(29-Nov-2016, 15:35)mak972 Wrote: https://twitter.com/devialet/status/803595090526490626

If it's true it's really sad.

For adding their technology to car stereos and TVs a mass production manufacturer of chips has to be on board.
Not sure it will have any effect on the Expert range, other than hopefully giving the company a firmer financial foundation.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Isn't Foxconn the manufacturer of many Apple products? Nothing wrong with them.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(29-Nov-2016, 18:26)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Isn't Foxconn the manufacturer of many Apple products? Nothing wrong with them.

They are the manufacturer who thought the appropriate response to worker suicide in China was putting up nets.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

http://www.liberation.fr/futurs/2016/11/...ur_1531738

Les synergies ne porteront pas sur nos produits mais sur des projets de recherche. Il n’est pas question par exemple de confier la fabrication de nos produits à l’industriel taïwanais Foxconn qui produit l’iPhone d’Apple

-> "Synergies will primarily relate on R&D projects rather on products. There is no question of outsourcing the manufacturing of our products to the taiwanese manufacturer Foxconn..."
(29-Nov-2016, 18:43)AaronG Wrote:
(29-Nov-2016, 18:26)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Isn't Foxconn the manufacturer of many Apple products? Nothing wrong with them.

They are the manufacturer who thought the appropriate response to worker suicide in China was putting up nets.

Yeah I remember them from that. I still remember the pictures of the nets. Practical and dehumanising. Definitely something wrong with them.

Thanks for the history lesson.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Of course not, concerning Expert and Phantom. For the miniaturized ADH card, well, it would be logical!
The Lost Recordings & Fondamenta Music Labels
Devialet 1000 Pro, Focal Stella, Riffaud Saturn Turntable, Lyra Atlas, Ortofon Synergy, Miyajima Zero, Whest Audio Reference V Phono Preamp, Absolue Creations Tim-Reference Cables, 
Devialet 220, Focal Diablo Evo, Absolue Creations Ul-tim cables
Phantom Gold + White tree
Phantom Reactor 900
Well this is not what the devialet boss mentioned in a French newspaper. He stated that the production will stay in France. But who knows what's coming next because I don't believe that producing in France for mass production is feasible. It's probably a good marketing thing for high end products like experts and phantoms but not for other future products. Just my thoughts.
BTW, I'm always surprised that the expert products are *never* mentioned by the devialet communication in the press, it's like devialet is only about phantoms
(30-Nov-2016, 08:23)ewaucq Wrote: ...
BTW, I'm always surprised that the expert products are *never* mentioned by the devialet communication in the press, it's like devialet is only about phantoms

It makes perfect sense to me: for the general public, Phantom is a much clearer (purer) demonstration of Devialet's engineering and technology skills than the Expert series.  At least this is true for most people, who understand immediately what a wireless speaker is (and can go "wow!" over the peak power numbers) whereas relatively few get excited about a pizza-box hi-fi amplifier.  It just reflects the limited number of people who are interested in "traditional" hi-fi audio these days, I think.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK