Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet, Roon and Tidal
(19-Feb-2018, 00:39)Womaz Wrote: I have tried to install Air v 3.04 and I get this error

The Air virtual  soundcard driver  could not be loaded.
Please restart your PC

Please see here:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...vialet-Air-

"Devialet Air 3.0.4 can generate a specific error message when launching it on a Windows PC. the error message is "The Air Virtual Sound card Driver could not be load". In order to allow Devialet Air to be launch properly, we suggest you to disable the secure boot on your BIOS.

You can find the steps to follow into the manufacturer of your PC website, otherwise, you can follow steps into the Microsoft Website

https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows...ecure-boot"
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(19-Feb-2018, 06:51)petrik Wrote:
(19-Feb-2018, 00:39)Womaz Wrote: I have tried to install Air v 3.04 and I get this error

The Air virtual  soundcard driver  could not be loaded.
Please restart your PC

Please see here:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...vialet-Air-

"Devialet Air 3.0.4 can generate a specific error message when launching it on a Windows PC. the error message is "The Air Virtual Sound card Driver could not be load". In order to allow Devialet Air to be launch properly, we suggest you to disable the secure boot on your BIOS.

You can find the steps to follow into the manufacturer of your PC website, otherwise, you can follow steps into the Microsoft Website

https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows...ecure-boot"

Thanks , yes I got this far last night and I am afraid this is way over my head. Also making changes to a lap top i use for my business like this without knowing what they are is probably a non starter for me.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I would just like to thanks you all so far for the replies. I would be lost without this forum if I am honest.

So I am now pondering, this initially was a thread about possibilities of getting a stable Tidal stream.
It looks like Air is a non starter for me as the changes above are just over my non technical head i am afraid. I have used it before on this lap top, but unfortunately I had a shut down about 6 weeks ago and I had to repair my PC back to its original state. This removed everything and I had to reinstall all my programs I has obviously done something to the BIOS settings also, whatever they are.

So my gut feeling is now wait for Melco to get back to me.

I guess I am reluctant to make big changes as if it is a network problem I am going to have the same issues, whether Melco, Air or Roon.

Roon does interest me though, and I will get a free trial. So how easy is Roon to install ? I assume I will have to install it on my PC. If I do I guess it must have to make changes to the soundcard on here and will I not just have the same issue as the Air driver?

At this point I guess i may even consider a cheap £300 to £400 lap top dedicated to my music playback. I assume this would have enough spec to do what i want it to do.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(19-Feb-2018, 10:29)Womaz Wrote: Roon does interest me though, and I will get a free trial. So how easy is Roon to install ? I assume I will have to install it on my PC. If I do I guess it must have to make changes to the soundcard on here and will I not just have the same issue as the Air driver?

I definitely recommend trying Roon. Yes, you have to install it to your PC and to your iPad. But don't worry, the installation will be easy. You don't need to install Tidal or Devialet AIR driver to your PC.

Do you know what is the best thing with Roon? It works and it's easy to use! Smile
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(19-Feb-2018, 10:52)petrik Wrote:
(19-Feb-2018, 10:29)Womaz Wrote: Roon does interest me though, and I will get a free trial. So how easy is Roon to install ? I assume I will have to install it on my PC. If I do I guess it must have to make changes to the soundcard on here and will I not just have the same issue as the Air driver?

I definitely recommend trying Roon. Yes, you have to install it to your PC and to your iPad. But don't worry, the installation will be easy. You don't need to install Tidal or Devialet AIR driver to your PC.

Do you know what is the best thing with Roon? It works and it's easy to use! Smile

This seems the likely route to try now I think. I still dont quite understand how it will work though as it still need to communicate with my PC, therefore the soundcard must need to be configured or something surely, similar to the Devialet AIR driver
(19-Feb-2018, 12:03)Womaz Wrote:

This seems the likely route to try now I think. I still dont quite understand how it will work though as it still need to communicate with my PC, therefore the soundcard must need to be configured or something surely, similar to the Devialet AIR driver

Once Roon is installed properly on your Mac or PC , ie a simple download and install procedure, it will link seamlessly with your Devialet via your network. It will manage the operation of your Devialet, switching it on and off, controlling the volume and transmitting your selected output, tunes, to your amp. Unless you wish to delve into the more obscure aspects of setup then you don’t have to do anything other than use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(19-Feb-2018, 12:03)Womaz Wrote:

Roon should recognize your Devialet automatically, assuming that your PC and Devialet are located in the same network. You just need to enable the Devialet in the Roon's audio settings and start listening... Smile

Lots of more information is available in the Roon Knowledge Base, for example:
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Devialet_AIR
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
Once again a big thank you to all who are helping me.
Well I have took the morning off work and decided to get this sorted if I could
I have managed to disable the BIOS , god knows what I did but it worked
I now have Air installed on my PC. When listening to a you tube video on my PC the sound comes from my Hifi. Success
However when using the Tidal app on the IPad there is no option to chose the Dev as the music player if that makes sense. I have the Ipad as an option and Airplay as the other. Am I missing something obvious? Do i need to have TIdal installed on my PC to enable me to control it with the Tidal app on my IPad?
My apologies for all the questions
(19-Feb-2018, 13:00)Womaz Wrote: However when using the Tidal app on the IPad there is no option to chose the Dev as the music player if that makes sense. I have the Ipad as an option and Airplay as the other. Am I missing something obvious? Do i need to have TIdal installed on my PC to enable me to control it with the Tidal app on my IPad?

No, you are not missing anything. This is not possible at the moment with the Tidal app (as far as I know). This may change in the future when Devialet releases the Tidal integration to the Core Infinity board.

So if you want to use an iPad to as a remote control, then you need Roon (or some other software).
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(19-Feb-2018, 14:03)petrik Wrote:
(19-Feb-2018, 13:00)Womaz Wrote: However when using the Tidal app on the IPad there is no option to chose the Dev as the music player if that makes sense. I have the Ipad as an option and Airplay as the other. Am I missing something obvious? Do i need to have TIdal installed on my PC to enable me to control it with the Tidal app on my IPad?

No, you are not missing anything. This is not possible at the moment with the Tidal app (as far as I know). This may change in the future when Devialet releases the Tidal integration to the Core Infinity board.

So if you want to use an iPad to as a remote control, then you need Roon (or some other software).

OMG how annoying after it took me so long to get the BIOS thing done etc. Big Grin Big Grin
I Pad control is an absolute must for me I am afraid. The annoying thing is i think it has sorted my issues. The tracks I was having trouble with play with no issues when used with PC and Air. Of course I have only tried the troublesome tracks and not had it playing for long

Melco are getting an old firmware to me apparently so i will wait for this.