Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Sam Day 6th July

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Already got my Shahinians booked in, taken me 2 years to catch up with a SAM lab. Really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Nice of Devialet to confirm the Expert range hasn't been forgotten at all.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I thought it might be worth mentioning that this is not just a SAM Lab event.  According to the Oxford Audio email; "Audition the full range of Devialet Expert Pro amplifiers plus Phantom Gold, Silver and White wireless speakers and have your questions answered by the Devialet team".

So it looks like there will be some other 'stuff' there too.  It will be interesting to see what OAC use as the digital 'front end' on any demo systems they might have.  Aurender, I am guessing, but maybe the dCS Network Bridge might be lurking there too? I have no idea.  I may visit for an couple of hours if they plan to run anything interesting.

As for "have your questions answered by the Devialet team", I am not sure if those present would have proper permission to answer to all the questions I could think of!! Angel But that's just how it is with Devialet, might be very interesting nevertheless.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Somewhat more regrettable is the fact that this was originally advertised by OAC as a Devialet day represented by Mathieu Pernot who has fronted these annual events for, I guess, six years or more. Only later did it become a Devialet SAM engineer day - whether that has anything to do with the promise at last year's event that the new board would be ready by the end of Q2 2017 is speculation on my part - as is speculation as to what the board will do despite the promise, a few months ago, of regular updates on the dedicated Devialet webpage.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Good afternoon gents,

Ian, you're correct, it was initially advertised as a Devialet event with Mathieu/Sam Lab. We found out a few weeks ago that MP couldnt make it unfortunately so it has become just a SAM lab day. We are trying to pin down a day in Q3 for a Devialet event with Mathieu that will coincide with the launch of the OS board. He's very keen to make it 7 years on the trot, he's quite a fan of English beer.

Apologies that we havent been as vocal as usual on here recently, unfortunately factors way beyond our control have left Jon and I stretched a bit thin and I've not had much time to even read the forum recently. Still, better to be busy than quiet!

Thanks to everyone for their patience and there is a Matthieu Pernod hosted day in the pipeline.

Alasdair
It doesn't rain, but it pours!

Attempted break in last night just to rub salt in the wound!

Alasdair
Ouch, at least the word attempted suggests they didn't take anything. I hope the damage wasn't too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(30-Jun-2017, 11:27)oxfordaudio Wrote: It doesn't rain, but it pours!

Attempted break in last night just to rub salt in the wound!

Alasdair

Sorry to hear that Alasdair - I hope nothing too serious, and it's easily sorted out.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK